Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Can you show data in a data table but not plot it on the chart?

  1. #1
    Armadillo
    Guest

    Can you show data in a data table but not plot it on the chart?

    I need to be able to include a total column in a data table on the stacked
    chart I'm doing but not plot it on the chart itself. Is this possible and
    how?

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Can you show data in a data table but not plot it on the chart?

    Armadillo,

    Unfortunately you can't add totals to a chart-generated data table.
    However, with a little formatting work you can create a data table with
    worksheets cells. Please see this site for an example:

    http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=509

    ----------------------------
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Can you show data in a data table but not plot it on the chart?

    In general John's suggestion is best. However, if it's not a complicated
    table, you could add the Total series to the chart, then format it so it
    doesn't show (no line, no markers, no fill, nothing).

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    Armadillo wrote:

    > I need to be able to include a total column in a data table on the stacked
    > chart I'm doing but not plot it on the chart itself. Is this possible and
    > how?

Closed Thread