Weibull paper in Excel - how?

  1. #1

    Weibull paper in Excel - how?

    Hi,

    I want to create Weibull paper in Excel. The problem is the labelling
    at the Y-axis.

    I want to label probabilities (between 0.1 and 99.9%), but want to plot
    the transformed logaritmic data; calculated out of the probability via
    ln(ln(1/(1-p)))

    X P (probabiliy, label) Y (transformed data; to
    be plotted)
    155 97,89% 1,350040182
    325 97,61% 1,317875745
    500 97,34% 1,288316244
    525 97,07% 1,26088904

    How can I do this either with or without VBA?

    Has minitab this functionality included? Does it calculate beta and
    eta?

    thanks for the help,
    Roger

  2. #2
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: Weibull paper in Excel - how?

    [email protected] wrote...
    >I want to create Weibull paper in Excel. The problem is the labelling
    >at the Y-axis.
    >
    >I want to label probabilities (between 0.1 and 99.9%), but want to plot
    >the transformed logaritmic data; calculated out of the probability via
    >ln(ln(1/(1-p)))
    >
    >X P (probabiliy, label) Y (transformed data; to be plotted)
    >155 97,89% 1,350040182
    >325 97,61% 1,317875745
    >500 97,34% 1,288316244
    >525 97,07% 1,26088904
    >
    >How can I do this either with or without VBA?

    Chart both P and Y but use two y-axes with P on the left y-axis, then
    set the markers and the lines for the P series to nothing. The P series
    won't appear, but its y-axis will. If you don't want to see the Y
    series's y-axis labels, disable all its tick marks and set it label
    number format to ;;;. If you change the lower and upper bounds for P's
    y-axis, you'll need to make corresponding changes to Y's y-axis bounds.

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Weibull paper in Excel - how?

    In this example, I've used the normal distribution to generate a custom Y
    axis. All you need to do is use your Weibull function. I've done this as
    well, but I have no self-contained example.

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...lityChart.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...