How do I graph trigonometric functions?

  1. #1
    dkramb
    Guest

    How do I graph trigonometric functions?

    I want to graph the cosine function in the same set of axes as another line
    chart I created by giving points. However, I do not wnat to have to input a
    bunch of cosine values; I just want the computer to plot the function. Can I
    do this with Excel?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I graph trigonometric functions?

    Well, you can let the computer calculate the values, then plot that. Put
    some angles into one column (the range and spacing is something that might
    take a couple tries to get just right), then in the next column use formulas
    to get the trig functions. Plot these two columns.

    You can use dynamic names to achieve the same effect, but it's more
    complicated, and harder to fix if there's a problem. But if you really
    really don't want to waste a couple columns, you can try. The first version
    I'd ever seen was Stephen Bullen's:

    http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.a...e=ChtFrmla.zip

    Tushar Mehta has extended this to provide more convenient point spacing:

    http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/softwa...ger/index.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP