Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    India, Mumbai
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    My Dear All Friends,

    I am participant of Excel forum dashboard competition 2014 and i had submitted two dashboard but still i have not received any gift. I did lot of follow up with forum admin and now it looks like they made us foolish . I hope the winner of competition could have received i phone 6.

    DO YOU THINK EXCEL FORUM MADE US FOOLISH?

    Below is my follow up email which i did with them.
    Ohhh My god....

    I didn’t received any gift from Excel forum dashboard competition....

    They made foolish to me and worldwide forum users.... Its great platform to make foolish.

    Regards,
    Suhas Pangam

  2. #2
    Forum Expert shg's Avatar
    The Great State of Texas
    MS-Off Ver
    2003, 2010
    Posts
    40,678

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    NASA and Indian ISTRO sent spacecraft on mars and they come back with details from the time you started 'dashboard competition'.
    rofl ...
    Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate

  3. #3
    Forum Guru TMS's Avatar
    The Great City of Manchester, NW England ;-)
    MS-Off Ver
    MSO 2007,2010,365
    Posts
    44,364

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    Love it You have my sympathy, but this is exactly why I won't take part in any of the EF sponsored activities and competitions. Call me cynical, but I am not very trusting of subjective awarding of prizes.

    Regards, TMS
    Trevor Shuttleworth - Retired Excel/VBA Consultant

    I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

    'Being unapologetic means never having to say you're sorry' John Cooper Clarke

  4. #4
    Forum Expert shg's Avatar
    The Great State of Texas
    MS-Off Ver
    2003, 2010
    Posts
    40,678

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    Think Suhas deserves some rep here.

  5. #5
    Forum Expert jaslake's Avatar
    Atwood Lake in Mid NE Ohio...look it up.
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010 2019
    Posts
    12,749

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    Suhas deserves some rep here.
    I agree...done...
    John

    If you have issues with Code I've provided, I appreciate your feedback.

    In the event Code provided resolves your issue, please mark your Thread as SOLVED.

    If you're satisfied by any members response to your issue please use the star icon at the lower left of their post.

  6. #6
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    What gift were you expecting Suhas?

    I expect you'll get it just after all the reliability issues get fixed......
    Audere est facere

  7. #7
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)
    Posts
    52,926

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    Was there a gift promised to ALL partcipants, or just the top 3? (I dont remember)
    1. Use code tags for VBA. [code] Your Code [/code] (or use the # button)
    2. If your question is resolved, mark it SOLVED using the thread tools
    3. Click on the star if you think someone helped you

    Regards
    Ford

  8. #8
    Forum Expert Tony Valko's Avatar
    Pittsburgh
    MS-Off Ver
    2002, 2007:2013
    Posts
    18,890

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Love it You have my sympathy, but this is exactly why I won't take part in any of the EF sponsored activities and competitions. Call me cynical, but I am not very trusting of subjective awarding of prizes.

    Regards, TMS
    I won and did receive an ExcelForum sweatshirt a while back. Don't remember what the contest was.
    Biff
    Microsoft MVP Excel
    Keep It Simple Stupid

    Let's Go Pens. We Want The Cup.

  9. #9
    Forum Guru TMS's Avatar
    The Great City of Manchester, NW England ;-)
    MS-Off Ver
    MSO 2007,2010,365
    Posts
    44,364

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    @Tony:

    I won and did receive an ExcelForum sweatshirt a while back. Don't remember what the contest was.
    I won something, or was nominated for something, for which I could have had an ExcelForum sweatshirt or T-shirt, I forget which. I declined because a) I didn't want one, and b) I didn't want to share my address details so that it could be delivered.

    But, let's be fair, a T-shirt, or even a sweat-shirt doesn't really compare to an iPhone, does it? May have been tempted for that ... but you need to be in it to win it, and I wasn't

  10. #10
    Forum Guru xladept's Avatar
    Pasadena, California
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003,2010
    Posts
    12,378

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    Suhas deserves some rep here.
    And done again!
    If I've helped you, please consider adding to my reputation - just click on the liitle star at the left.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Pride has no aftertaste.)

    You can't do one thing. XLAdept

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~aka Orrin

  11. #11
    Forum Expert shg's Avatar
    The Great State of Texas
    MS-Off Ver
    2003, 2010
    Posts
    40,678

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    Speaking of rep, and otherwise completely off-topic, maybe it's time to reset the rep counter? (Except for Suhas, of course.)

    That would put people that joined in the last few years since it was (re)started on a more equal footing.

  12. #12
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)
    Posts
    52,926

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    You just dont want us catching you, shg LOL

  13. #13
    Forum Guru TMS's Avatar
    The Great City of Manchester, NW England ;-)
    MS-Off Ver
    MSO 2007,2010,365
    Posts
    44,364

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    It's taken me five years to get where I am ... and now you want to reset it!?

  14. #14
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)
    Posts
    52,926

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    I agree, Trevor, I worked hard to get what I have

  15. #15
    Forum Expert shg's Avatar
    The Great State of Texas
    MS-Off Ver
    2003, 2010
    Posts
    40,678

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    Ford, if we reset them, you'd start ahead and stay ahead, with Trevor hot on your tail.

  16. #16
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)
    Posts
    52,926

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    But then there is no challenge tring to catch guys like you

  17. #17
    Forum Contributor
    India, Mumbai
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    Now i don't want any gift because its confirmed that they made us foolish. Just to increase traffic on web site or people interaction on site. Even if they had delivered single chocolate, people could be happy because they got something from Excel forum. But unfortunately its not happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by daddylonglegs View Post

  18. #18
    Forum Contributor
    India, Mumbai
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    This was learning period for me, next time onwards i will not participate in such competitions. But i will make sure nobody will participate for wrong commitment and get foolish. When competition started at that time existing(Senior) masters could tell the people about the same.

  19. #19
    Forum Contributor
    India, Mumbai
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    Yes, they had promised participation gift for all and first winner will get i phone 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by FDibbins View Post
    Was there a gift promised to ALL partcipants, or just the top 3? (I dont remember)

  20. #20
    Valued Forum Contributor
    India
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, Office 365, Google Spreadhsheet

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    @Suhas - Completely agree with you on this. If they had assured something, they should give it till now because almost 4-5 months has been completed. (Didn't know much about that contest but I saw some old threads and the winner of the I Phone 6)

    But we should also not forget that the Excel Forum has provided us this platform to connect with people across the world with excellent knowledge. On a daily basis, people around the world come here and expect solution for their problems or to resolve other's problem.

    You know, I was the one who joined Excel Forum around 3 years back i guess, and hardly visited here because whenever I got into such problem, i always tried to get the solution at my end only and never looked it any plateform. But since last month i have started spending time on this forum and observed that this is one of the best platform for people like us who keen for learning new things and ready to explore their knowledge with others.

    Thanks to Excel Forum for providing such a nice platform.

    I hope all the problem between you and Excel Forum will be resolved soon. And for sure no one would like to leave such a good platform for small gift and vice-versa Excel Forum would not like Members to leave them just for a small issue.

    Thanks,
    Anil Dhawan
    Thanks,
    Anil Dhawan

    Click *Add Reputation to say "Thanks" and don't forget to mark threads as "Solved" (Thread Tools->Mark thread as Solved) if you are satisfied.

    Don't stop when you are tired. STOP when you are done!

  21. #21
    Forum Contributor
    India, Mumbai
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    Yes i am with you, i am also not going to leave this FORUM just for gift and for any other reason.

    Just i have highlighted the issued which i was trying to resolve last 4-5 month on email but that is not happened hence i put thread for this to check if others also have the same problem.

    Regards,
    Suhas

    Quote Originally Posted by adhawan06 View Post

  22. #22
    Forum Contributor
    India, Mumbai
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    Friends... just before some time i got final message from Excel Forum management....

    Hi Suhas,

    Thanks for the response and confirmation on your gift preference.

    We really appreciate our members to spent their valuable time with us. We are always there for their help too.

    As confirmed, We will be sending you "Amazon Voucher" ASAP. Also, we would request you to help us to close the on going thread starting by you, saying that the EF management is in touch with you on your issue and they are looking into this matter and they have assured you that you will be getting the gift soon without any delay.

    Thanks,
    Site Admin

  23. #23
    Valued Forum Contributor
    India
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, Office 365, Google Spreadhsheet

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Yes i am with you, i am also not going to leave this FORUM just for gift and for any other reason.

    Just i have highlighted the issued which i was trying to resolve last 4-5 month on email but that is not happened hence i put thread for this to check if others also have the same problem.

    Regards,
    Suhas
    Yeah I completely agreed with you on this part. And some times it become necessary to highlight the and it works. And finally it works, your latest post shows that the EFManagement team has woke up and took your concern very seriously. That's really interesting. Finally you are going to get your gift. yupeee...Cheer Up now buddy and please post a picture of your gift here once you receive that.

    But we must not forget this thing that they are the one who always try to make this platform better for us. I remember couple of days back the website went under malware attack and complete day i was trying to land here and curious to know why I was not able to access the site. Then next day I saw message from Admin saying that the website had malware attack and was down for complete day And they were trying to get the permanent solution and hired some reputed security agencies too. And I liked this when they mentioned for permanent solution. (I also know the fact that in web world this things can't be fixed permanently but they had putted there best so we people not get into such problem again) and for this we should support them.

    Cheers!!!

    Anil Dhawan

  24. #24
    Forum Guru TMS's Avatar

    @adhawan06: do you, by any chance, work for the ExcelForum?

  25. #25
    Valued Forum Contributor
    India
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, Office 365, Google Spreadhsheet

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    @adhawan06: do you, by any chance, work for the ExcelForum?
    Hehehe...I was expecting this from you TMS....I knew if not anybody else, you will through this question on me....:P

    No...I don't work for them....But I just said what i experienced in my personal life and professional. At work, also it's very easy for people to crip someone and difficult to appreciate. Hope you get my point.

    I look at things with positive mind. Even If i get into trouble or face any such situation where I have to fight, but I will not be interested into going negative in any sense.

    Btw thanks for adding your feedback and reputation.

  26. #26
    Forum Contributor
    India
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: Gift for excelforum.com dashboard competition 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by adhawan06 View Post
    Hehehe...I was expecting this from you TMS....I knew if not anybody else, you will through this question on me....:P

    No...I don't work for them....But I just said what i experienced in my personal life and professional. At work, also it's very easy for people to crip someone and difficult to appreciate. Hope you get my point.

    I look at things with positive mind. Even If i get into trouble or face any such situation where I have to fight, but I will not be interested into going negative in any sense.

    Btw thanks for adding your feedback and reputation.
    Hi Anil,

    I agreed with you.

    @ TMS: Yes, we all work for Excelforum (correct me if I am wrong as this is public forumm) as excel is our passion and we cme here to learn somethng new every day & thanks to you all who guide nd show us the right and short way to get the solution. we contribute 1 or 2 hours daily here so feel happy to being a part of this family.

    Regards,
    AM