How to make background grid lines disappear when viewing

  1. #1
    alex
    Guest

    How to make background grid lines disappear when viewing

    I don't want to see the grid lines when I open up an excel worksheet. How do
    I make the lines disappear, as in the templates?
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good morning Alex

    Go to Tools > Options > View and uncheck the gridlines box under the window options. When you click Ok the lines will be gone.

    Note that this is a workbook setting, not an Excel setting, so this will be saved with the workbook, not when you re-open Excel.

    HTH

    DominicB

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Open excel spreadsheet, click on Tools / Options / remove tick from Gridlines / OK. Save as a template with a name such as "no gridlines". Whenever New is used "no gridlines" will be in the list of templates on offer. I'm using excel97.

  4. #4
    Jennifer
    Guest

    RE: How to make background grid lines disappear when viewing

    Tools>Options>View (tab) & uncheck gridlines. Hope this helps

    Jennifer

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to make background grid lines disappear when viewing

    Tools>Options>View.

    Untick "gridlines".

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to make background grid lines disappear when viewing

    alex

    One more suggestion.

    If there are areas you do want to see gridlines but other areas where
    gridlines would be preferred you can format the cells to a white pattern,
    which will hide the gridlines in that area.

    Also note that you can use use the format>cells>borders to outline areas.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP