if a1 value changed then date in b1

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    if a1 value changed then date in b1

    I know you can do this with a worksheet function
    http://groups.google.com.sg/group/mi...e=source&hl=en
    but I'm using it to track when data was input by users and its difficult to tell them to click the "enable macros" button every time when I can hardley explain to them how to use excel to input data. So, to make this easier for everyone but me isn't there some way I can just do
    "if a1's data has changed then put the date in b1" Thanks in advance for any responses.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: if a1 value changed then date in b1

    Not without VBA.
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    What exactly does the VBA part do? Keep continuous track of A1? Can I put VBA in a cell as a function?

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: if a1 value changed then date in b1

    The first example in the URI you reference works automatically when
    placed in a worksheet code module.

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: if a1 value changed then date in b1

    Yes but he doesn't want his users to have to enable macros, so a no-code
    solution.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: if a1 value changed then date in b1

    Ah, I didn't get that from "I know you can do this with a worksheet
    function" with a URI then pointing to two VBA solutions.

  7. #7
    JE McGimpsey

  8. #8
    JE McGimpsey