Function To Convert Liters To Imperial Gallons & Vice Versa

  1. #1
    Dave Gibson
    Guest

    Function To Convert Liters To Imperial Gallons & Vice Versa

    Can anyone assist me in creating a couple of custom VBA functions that
    will convert liters to Imperial Gallons & Vice Versa.

    I got a shock on my car fuel consumption until I realised that the
    inbult Excel CONVERT function was operating on US Gallons

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Function To Convert Liters To Imperial Gallons & Vice Versa

    I think I'd just use formulas:

    To convert imperial gallons to liters, multiply by 4.55
    To convert liters to imperial gallons, multiply by 0.22

    http://www.saudia-online.com/conversion%20Table.htm

    (But I got lots of hits when I searched Google for "imperial gallon convert".)

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Function To Convert Liters To Imperial Gallons & Vice Versa

    Divide/Mutiply by 1.2.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Function To Convert Liters To Imperial Gallons & Vice Versa

    Hi Dave

    Whilst Dave P has given you the correct conversion for UK gallons to litres
    and vice versa, and Bob has given you the conversion from US gallons to UK
    gallons, you might be interested in a free download I cam across a little
    while ago, and which I use when converting anything to anything.

    http://www.joshmadison.com/software/convert/

    I reckon it is very neat.

    Regards

    Roger Govier