What does hitting Ctrl + Shift + Enter to enter a formula do??? Help a n00b out.

  1. #1

    What does hitting Ctrl + Shift + Enter to enter a formula do??? Help a n00b out.

    I've seen it posted in a few other threads while browsing the forums but don't know what it does.

  2. #2
    cottage6
    Guest

    RE: What does hitting Ctrl + Shift + Enter to enter a formula do??? H

    Hi, the following came right out of Help in Excel. If you open Help and type
    in "array formula", you'll get some help on creating and working with array
    formulas, as well examples to help explain what an array is.

    An array formula can perform multiple calculations and then return either a
    single result or multiple results. Array formulas act on two or more sets of
    values known as array arguments. Each array argument must have the same
    number of rows and columns. You create array formulas in the same way that
    you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter the
    formula.

  3. #3

    Re: What does hitting Ctrl + Shift + Enter to enter a formula do???Help a n00b out.

    Chip Pearson has some notes at:

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/array.htm