IF statement containing OR

  1. #1
    Steph
    Guest

    IF statement containing OR

    I am trying to use an IF statement that contains OR however, I am not sure
    how to us it. I need to have numbers that are between -10.05 and 21.55 be
    true and any other numbers be false. How do I set this up using and OR
    conjuction?

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: IF statement containing OR

    I think you need an "AND" rather than an "OR", since you want your number to
    meet both conditions rather than just one or the other. Try this:

    =IF(AND(A1>-10.05,A1<21.55),"true","false")

    HTH,
    Elkar

  3. #3
    Sandy Mann