how can i put the excel icon on my desktop?

  1. #1
    petre
    Guest

    how can i put the excel icon on my desktop?

    I would like to know how can I put a shortcut to microsoft excel 2003 on my
    desktop?

  2. #2
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: how can i put the excel icon on my desktop?

    From your Windows DeskTop, click
    <Start> <Programs>
    Find the XL program and *right click* and drag it to an open portion of the
    desktop.
    From the pop-up menu, depending on your version of Windows, choose "Copy
    Here", or "Create Shortcut".

    Then just click and drag to whatever area of the DeskTop that you wish.
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dana DeLouis
    Guest

    Re: how can i put the excel icon on my desktop?

    Just to mention an alternative if you are not aware of it...
    Start | Programs |...
    and Right click the program you like (Excel for example)
    From the menu, select "Send To"
    and select "Desktop (Create Shortcut)"

    Or...Work the other way around.
    From a blank area of your desktop, Right Click, and from the menu, select
    "New" and select "Shortcut"
    Select Excel.

    Just an alternative for the dragging impaired. :>) HTH
    --
    Dana DeLouis
    Win XP & Office 2003

  4. #4