Making multiple cells absolute at once

  1. #1
    Jamie A Miller
    Guest

    Making multiple cells absolute at once

    I set up a very large workbook. I have linked the formulas of one sheet to
    another, however, I need the columns to be rows and the rows to be columns.
    I have linked the values, but I need to make all the cells in the sheet
    absolute before I can transpose them. There are over 20,000 cells and I
    really don't want to hit the F4 key 20,000 times in the sheet. A replace
    would not work for this, as the data is too big. I have tried a copy and
    then paste special- paste link, but it only makes the reference absolute when
    one cell is copied at a time. Any ideas on making many cell references
    absolute at once?

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Making multiple cells absolute at once

    have a look in vba help index for convertformula

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Making multiple cells absolute at once

    VBA is your only option.

    Sub Absolute()
    Dim Cell As Range
    For Each Cell In Selection
    If Cell.HasFormula Then
    Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(Cell.Formula, _
    xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute)
    End If
    Next
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 12:28:05 -0700, "Jamie A Miller"

  4. #4
    USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Any Version

    Re: Making multiple cells absolute at once

    VB is the way to go, you could also use a find and replace parameter from the formula view. i.e find =B and replace with =$B$ of course depending on how
    wide your spreadsheet is you will have to do this with the letters used in the columns.

  5. #5
    Forum Guru Pete_UK's Avatar
    Warrington, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 2019 (still learning)
    Posts
    24,714

    Re: Making multiple cells absolute at once

    I'm not sure why you are responding to a thread that is more than 11 years old, and was not started in this Forum.

    Pete

  6. #6
    USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Any Version

    Re: Making multiple cells absolute at once

    Is there a way to delete?

  7. #7
    Vancouver
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: Making multiple cells absolute at once

    that's a simplest, CTRL+F and replace $ by blank and do it twice.