How do I create a small box I can place a check mark in?

  1. #1
    PAM
    Guest

    How do I create a small box I can place a check mark in?

    I can copy and paste a large box that I can click and the the pointing finger
    comes up and places a check mark in it, but it's too big, how can I create a
    smaller box that I can do the same thing to?

  2. #2

    RE: How do I create a small box I can place a check mark in?

    Have you tried the checkbox form in the Forms toolbar?

    View --> Toolbars --> Forms

    Click the checkbox form and click, drag to size, and release it in the worksheet where you need it. You can resize the text handle down to near nothing and delete the text in it, too.

    Is this small enough?
    Excel_Geek
    http://blog.excelgeek.com/

    "...I'll do that in Excel for $50..."

  3. #3
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: How do I create a small box I can place a check mark in?

    Right click on the box, select "Format Control", and use the Size tab
    to alter the dimensions.

  4. #4
    PAM
    Guest

    RE: How do I create a small box I can place a check mark in?

    I should mention the one I can cut and paste is in a text box and altering
    the size just alters the size of the text box itself not the check box inside.

  5. #5
    PAM
    Guest

  6. #6
    Ladybug726
    Guest

    Re: How do I create a small box I can place a check mark in?

    I am able to do the checkbox with the forms toolbar and also the Toolbox
    toolbar, but I can't make it any larger - it only stays one size. Can you
    help me?

  7. #7
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: How do I create a small box I can place a check mark in?

    You can't change the size of the checkbox control from the Forms toolbar
    or the Control toolbox.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  8. #8
    Ladybug726
    Guest

    Re: How do I create a small box I can place a check mark in?

    Can you tell me how I can make a checkbox that I can size?

  9. #9
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: How do I create a small box I can place a check mark in?

    If you need a working checkbox, the only two available in Excel are the
    ones from the Forms toolbar or the Control toolbox, and they can't be
    resized.

    If you need a checkbox you can print, you could use the rectangle tool
    from the Drawing toolbar, to create one.
    Or, choose Insert>Symbol, and choose the Wingding font.
    At the end of the list is a checkbox with check mark.