Validating Dates Entered

  1. #1

    Validating Dates Entered

    How can I set this up?

    If Column A is blank then no date can be added to Column B;

    If there is a date in Column A then Column B must be equal to or greater (=>) than Column A

    Seems like it should be easy enough but I can't get it to work.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Wisconsin
    MS-Off Ver

    Try This

    Select Cell B1

    On Menu Bar, select > Data > Validation

    Settings:
    Allow Custom
    Ignore Blank not checked
    Formula should be =AND(A1<>"",B1>A1)
    Thanks!
    Dennis

    I am using Windows 7 and Office 2007, all of my posts are based on this.

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Validating Dates Entered