French Version of Excel saving CSV Files with a semi-colon

  1. #1
    jr
    Guest

    French Version of Excel saving CSV Files with a semi-colon

    When using a French version of Excel XP I am running into a problem with the
    save as feature. I am attempting to save a contact list as a comma separated
    file so users using older versions of office will be able to import the list
    into outlook. When I try to save the file as a comma separated file it uses
    a semi-colon instead of a simple comma. I believe this is strictly a
    language issue and need to know if there is a fix or a setting I can change
    somewhere. Please help

  2. #2

    Re: French Version of Excel saving CSV Files with a semi-colon

    Try changing your windows list separator.

    windows start button|control panel|regional and language options
    regional options tab|click the customize button
    On the number tab, change the list separator to a comma.

    But many European users use a semicolon for this separator.

  3. #3
    jr
    Guest

    Re: French Version of Excel saving CSV Files with a semi-colon

    Dave,

    That worked perfectly...

    Thanks for the help