How can I find the alpha numeric codes in excel please,Thank you.

  1. #1
    Crazylady_2
    Guest

    How can I find the alpha numeric codes in excel please,Thank you.

    Can someone please tell me how I can find the alpha numeric codes in excel
    and also are they english,greek or other ? Thank you.

  2. #2
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: How can I find the alpha numeric codes in excel please,Thank you.

    choose font <symbols> and type a you will get alpha

    character map in system tools will have alphanumeric codes in English

    =char(65) is A
    =char(90) is Z
    =char(97) is a etc

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Crazylady_2
    Guest

    Re: How can I find the alpha numeric codes in excel please,Thank y

    R, I did work all the uk codes out for myself (a long process lol) but
    wondered if there was a preset formula in excel. You have been Very helpful
    thank you so very much.

  4. #4
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: How can I find the alpha numeric codes in excel please,Thank you.

    If you need to use in VBA:
    It goes by CHR, Not Char;

    Dim MyChar
    MyChar = Chr(65) ' Returns A.
    MyChar = Chr(97) ' Returns a.
    MyChar = Chr(62) ' Returns >.
    MyChar = Chr(37) ' Returns %.

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5

    Re: How can I find the alpha numeric codes in excel please,Thank you.

    If you're using xl2002+, maybe Insert|symbol would help.

    Chip Pearson has an addin that may help (if you're using xl2k or lower).
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm
    (look for Symbolizer and make sure you get the correct version)

    Or even use Windows own CharMap:
    (Windows start button|run|Charmap)

    And if you're looking to find out what's already in a cell, Chip Pearson has a
    very nice addin that can show you those codes:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm

  6. #6
    Crazylady_2

    "Dave Peterson" wrote:

    > If you're using xl2002+, maybe Insert|symbol would help.
    >
    > Chip Pearson has an addin that may help (if you're using xl2k or lower).
    > http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm
    > (look for Symbolizer and make sure you get the correct version)
    >
    > Or even use Windows own CharMap:
    > (Windows start button|run|Charmap)
    >
    > And if you're looking to find out what's already in a cell, Chip Pearson has a
    > very nice addin that can show you those codes:
    > http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm
    >
    > Crazylady_2 wrote:
    > >
    > > Can someone please tell me how I can find the alpha numeric codes in excel
    > > and also are they english,greek or other ? Thank you.

    > --
    >
    > Dave Peterson

    Thank you so very much for your help and the links.