Copying exact formula instead, rather than with usu. Excel's helpful cell adjustments/increments?

  1. #1
    StargateFan
    Guest

    Copying exact formula instead, rather than with usu. Excel's helpful cell adjustments/increments?

    Excel's mthod of copying formulas while taking into account new cells
    is usu. really vital. i.e., a formula in A1 when copy/pasted into B1
    automatically copies adjusted for B1, C1 will show C1, etc.

    Every once in a blue moon, though, we need to copy the exact formula
    when the information just needs to be replicated exactly in other
    cells. Is there a special keystroke to do that?

    Tx.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Copying exact formula instead, rather than with usu. Excel's helpful cell adjustments/increments?

    Set the cell references as absolute, e.g. $A$2 instead of A2

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    StargateFan
    Guest

    Re: Copying exact formula instead, rather than with usu. Excel's helpful cell adjustments/increments?

    On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 14:55:13 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Set the cell references as absolute, e.g. $A$2 instead of A2

    Hey, that's what those mean! Of course I've seen this type of things
    in some of the complex formulas some very kind people in these ngs
    have provided but I never knew what they meant. Kewl.

    Thanks, worked like a charm and much better an easier than remembering
    some sort of keystroke. :oD

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Copying exact formula instead, rather than with usu. Excel's helpful cell adjustments/increments?

    You can use a function key F4, to change it. Select the cell reference and
    F4, it cycles through all combinations.