How do I get all text to print in merged and wrapped cells.

  1. #1
    10-S-C
    Guest

    How do I get all text to print in merged and wrapped cells.

    Once I enter text in a merged and wrapped group of cells I find that not all
    the text shows up when print previewing or printing.
    How do I get it to show up?
    Why does it not all show up?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    A search of the Help for 'Excel specifications and limits' explains that only 1024 characters is displayed or printed, and that to a Row height limit of 409 points.

    Is your data more than 1k in size?

    note: 32k will display in the formula bar.

    Quote Originally Posted by 10-S-C

  3. #3

    Re: How do I get all text to print in merged and wrapped cells.

    You can get more than the document 1000 characters to show up in a cell by
    inserting alt-enters (to force new lines within the cell) every 80 to 100
    characters.

    And if you manually adjust the rowheight, widen the column, and change the font
    size, you may be able to see and print much, much more.