Excel: Fill Down without Incrementing a Formula Variable

  1. #1

    Excel: Fill Down without Incrementing a Formula Variable

    Is it possible to drag a cell down and fill cells without incrementing
    one of the variables in the formula in the initial cell?

    Ex. Cell C1 = A1 / B1

    If you select and drag cell C1 to C10, it increments the formula: C2 =
    A2 / B2, C3 = A3 / B3 ... C10 = A10 / B10.

    Is there a way to lock one of the variables where you would have C2 =
    A2 / B1, C3 = A3 / B1, etc.

    I would prefer to not substitute the B1 variable for the B1 value.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Excel: Fill Down without Incrementing a Formula Variable

    = A1 / $B$1

    Which can easily be achieved by pressing F4 immediately after you enter "B1"

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bruce Sinclair

    In article <[email protected]>, "Niek Otten" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >= A1 / $B$1
    >
    >Which can easily be achieved by pressing F4 immediately after you enter "B1"

    F4 will cycle through all the permutations of this too if you push it some
    more ...
    B1
    $B$1
    $B1