capital letters to lowercase

  1. #1
    Xhawk57
    Guest

    capital letters to lowercase

    I have a list of proper nouns (names, addresses, ect.) that is in all capital
    letters, I am looking for a formula that would capitalize the first letter of
    each word and make the rest of the letters in the word lowercase.

    example: JOHN SMITH 123 MAPLE LN
    would become: John Smith 123 Maple Ln

    any help would be greatly apprecitated.

  2. #2
    ewan7279
    Guest

    RE: capital letters to lowercase

    =PROPER(A1) if you data were in A1.

  3. #3
    Rogerio Takejame
    Guest

    RE: capital letters to lowercase

    If your string is in A1, use:

    =Proper(Lower(A1))

    --
    Please, rate this answer

  4. #4
    Xhawk57
    Guest

    RE: capital letters to lowercase

    Great, that did it thank you

  5. #5
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: capital letters to lowercase

    > =Proper(Lower(A1))

    What is the point of using the LOWER command here? Why not just
    =PROPER(A1) ?

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Rogerio Takejame
    Guest

    Re: capital letters to lowercase

    Indeed! It was my fault. The Proper function do all the work.

    --
    Rogerio Takejame
    Americana - Sao Paulo - Brazil