Split Date and Time Cell

  1. #1
    Beamers
    Guest

    Split Date and Time Cell

    Hi,

    I have date and time values in the same cell. I want to split them into 2
    cells--1 cell with date and 1 cell with time. How do I do that?

    TIA for any help.

    Enjoy today.

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Split Date and Time Cell

    Try this:

    For a date/time in A1
    Example: A1: 5/19/2006 2:07:25 PM

    B1: =INT(A1)
    Format that cell as a date

    C1: =MOD(A1,1)
    Format that cell as time

    Does that help?
    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Split Date and Time Cell

    Ctrl + semicolon will insert the date into a cell
    Crtl + Shift + colon will insert the time into a cell
    To split an existing cell between date and time use....
    Data > TextToColumns > Fixed > and insert a column break between the two...

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    India
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Split Date and Time Cell

    Quote Originally Posted by CLR View Post

    "Beamers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have date and time values in the same cell. I want to split them into 2
    > cells--1 cell with date and 1 cell with time. How do I do that?
    >
    > TIA for any help.
    >
    > Enjoy today.

    Really great,And Useful, i can't go without thanks for this post
    Thank you CLR.

  5. #5
    COS
    MS-Off Ver