Printing all sheets from Explorer

  1. #1
    Jan Kronsell
    Guest

    Printing all sheets from Explorer

    Hi NG.

    I have about 100 different workbooks. Normally I would like to print maybe
    25 to 50 of them at the same time. I would like to do that from Explorer, so
    that I avoid opening all of these workbooks.

    The problem is, doing this, it only print the first (active) sheet in each
    wokbook, and I like to have all sheets from all selected workbooks printed.

    Can this be done in any way?

    Jan

  2. #2
    Miyahn
    Guest

    Re: Printing all sheets from Explorer

    "Jan Kronsell" wrote in message news:#[email protected]
    > Hi NG.
    >
    > I have about 100 different workbooks. Normally I would like to print maybe
    > 25 to 50 of them at the same time. I would like to do that from Explorer, so
    > that I avoid opening all of these workbooks.
    >
    > The problem is, doing this, it only print the first (active) sheet in each
    > wokbook, and I like to have all sheets from all selected workbooks printed.
    >
    > Can this be done in any way?

    You can do that by modifying 'Print' context menu.

    Change DDE command from
    print()
    print(,,,,,,,,,,,3)

    Where the number means,
    1:Selected Area, 2:Selected Sheets, 3:All Sheets

    --
    Miyahn (Masataka Miyashita) JPN
    Microsoft MVP for Microsoft Office - Excel(Jan 2006 - Dec 2006)

  3. #3
    Jan Kronsell
    Guest

    Re: Printing all sheets from Explorer

    Where do I make the change?

    Regards
    Jan

    news:%23lNj%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Miyahn
    Guest

    Re: Printing all sheets from Explorer

    "Jan Kronsell" wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > Where do I make the change?

    In the registry.
    (Start -> run -> regedit.exe)

    For Excel97 or later, keys are
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.8\shell\Print\ddeexec
    and
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.8\shell\Print\ddeexec\ifexec

    Note:
    Editing of the registry is a little dangerous.
    Export the key before editing.
    Exported *.reg file can be imported by double-clicking.

    --
    https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...4-83d372c269b4

  5. #5
    Jan Kronsell
    Guest

    Re: Printing all sheets from Explorer

    Thank you. I wasn't able to find the right key, just searching in the
    registry for Excel.

    Regards
    Jan
    news:[email protected]...