how do i make a cell absolute

  1. #1
    Carly Aspden
    Guest

    how do i make a cell absolute

    i would like to know how to make a cell in a spreadsheet absolute.

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: how do i make a cell absolute

    A cell is always absolute.
    It is the references to a cell that can be relative and/or absolute, I.e the
    way Excel increments/decrements parts of the reference when the reference is
    copied around.

    AP

    message de news: [email protected]...

  3. #3
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: how do i make a cell absolute

    Carly, =$A$1,

    $A$1 (absolute column and absolute row) $A$1
    A$1 (relative column and absolute row) C$1
    $A1 (absolute column and relative row) $A3
    A1 (relative column and relative row) C3

    Look in help under Switch between relative, absolute, and mixed references

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Saruman
    Guest

    Re: how do i make a cell absolute

    To turn a formula in a cell to an absolute formula, click on the cell, then
    click into the formula bar near the top of the menu bars and then press F4.
    Every press of F4 afterwards, changes the absolute to Row then Column then
    None

  5. #5

    Re: how do i make a cell absolute

    Just in case:

    =abs(a1)

    will return the absolute value of the value in A1.

    Yeah, I didn't think so, but just in case that's what you meant...