Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

converting Month name to a number

  1. #1
    runsrealfast
    Guest

    converting Month name to a number

    I would like to convert a column that holds the name of a month
    (January, February, etc) into a number (1, 2). Is there an easy way to
    do this, you can't do enough if statemnts to do that. any suggestions?

  2. #2

    Re: converting Month name to a number

    How about:

    =MONTH(DATEVALUE(A1&" 1"))

    Where A1 holds that month string.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: converting Month name to a number

    =MONTH(DATEVALUE("01-"&A21))

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: converting Month name to a number

    If colomn A has month then try:

    =MONTH(DATEVALUE("01/" & A1 & "/2006")) and copy down

    HTH