Excel toooo slow

  1. #1

    Excel toooo slow

    Hi All,

    I am using an excel sheet which is loaded with vlookup's and links to all over the place inside the excel sheet. And it has data for abot 25,000 items.

    Problem is that excel takes ages to open up, close, perform any calculations and makes the system very slow. Any ideas to speed it up a bit ?

    I am running a Acer Aspire 5030 notebook with 512 MB RAM.

    Cheers,
    Newtonboy

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Excel toooo slow

    Turn Calculation to manual. It won't help opening or closing, but you then
    only need to calculate (F9) when you want, not each time you change any
    dependent cell

    Tools>Options...>Calculation

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    "Newtonboy" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Excel toooo slow

    For many tips to improve speed, certainly with VLOOKUPs, see

    www.decisionmodels.com

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten