ODBC Excel Driver Login Failed. Could not find installable ISAM

  1. #1
    JustMe@Yahoo
    Guest

    ODBC Excel Driver Login Failed. Could not find installable ISAM

    I'm not sure if this is a Outlook question or an Excel question but please
    read on and let me know if I post this message in the wrong group.

    I use Microsoft Outlook 2003 and Microsoft Excel 2003 (both are part of
    Microsoft Office 2003) with the Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition. I wanted
    to export the current Contacts from Outlook onto an Excel spreadsheet and I
    clicked on "File"; then "Import and Export"; then "Export to a file"; then
    "Next"; then "Select the file to export from" which I clicked "Contacts",
    then "Save exported files as", which I "Browse" to locate the appropriate
    file to save as, followed by "Next" and "Export to a file", then clicked
    "Finish". The exporting was done in a few seconds but when I opened the file
    on Excel, it only showed the various categories such as "Title, First Name,
    Middle Name, etc." on the first row and nothing else. Did I miss something?
    Also, previously I did the exact same thing step-by-step but I got the above
    error message and the explanation was "An ODBC eror has occured in the
    Microsoft Excel translator while opening a file to build a field map.
    (Microsoft){ODBC Driver Manager} Data source name not found and no default
    driver specified."

    All these are very foreign to me. I need someone to explain to me what I did
    wrong and guide me to find a "Hot Fix" for this error. Please help. Thank
    you very, very much. Have a wonderful weekend.

  2. #2
    Kooster
    Guest

    RE: ODBC Excel Driver Login Failed. Could not find installable ISAM

    Close Excel (and the file you stored the addresses). This should prevent the
    ODBC error.

    When doing the export, choose Map Custom Fields and choose the fields you
    want exported. Go here:

    P.
    --
    Overcome Sales Barriers