MP3 files and Excel spreadsheet

  1. #1

    MP3 files and Excel spreadsheet

    I have a file on my desktop called "magmusic". it contains over 700 songs.
    how do i list them alphabetically in an Excel spreadsheet.
    EX. TITLE ARTIST
    ANY HELP WOULD SURELY BE APPRECIATED. THANKS.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    Try the attached link

    VBA Noob

  3. #3
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: MP3 files and Excel spreadsheet

    What file format is the file on your desk top?

    you could try and 'Data'.....'Data import'....follow the steps to import the
    data into excel once you have it in it should just be a matter of doing a
    'data'...'sort' using the song title as the key sort field.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: MP3 files and Excel spreadsheet

    I'm betting it is not a "file" but rather a "folder".

    Noob has given you a good link to John's site.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben

  6. #6