What does it mean [Group] next to the file name on top of the wind

  1. #1
    Hisbeth
    Guest

    What does it mean [Group] next to the file name on top of the wind

    For some unknown reason while i was working in an excel file, the screen
    froze and the file changed to a [Group] file, now the graph tools are
    desactivated. The graphs that are already in the file cannot even be selected
    to be changed, I can see them but i cannot do anything with them....

  2. #2
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: What does it mean [Group] next to the file name on top of the wind

    Hisbeth wrote:
    > For some unknown reason while i was working in an excel file, the
    > screen froze and the file changed to a [Group] file, now the graph
    > tools are desactivated. The graphs that are already in the file
    > cannot even be selected to be changed, I can see them but i cannot do
    > anything with them....

    Just right click on a sheet tab and choose "Unselect all" or something like
    this...

    --
    (I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
    translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao

    Franz Verga from Italy

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: What does it mean [Group] next to the file name on top of the wind

    [Group] means you have more than one worksheet selected.

    Take note of which sheets are highlighted in white. These are the grouped ones.

    You may have to deal with unintended changes to these sheets.

    Check each sheet thoroughly.

    While sheets are grouped, whatever you do to one sheet will be done to all,
    which can lead to disastrous results if they have been grouped for a while.

    To ungroup, right-click on a tab and "ungroup"

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP