How do I format a notpad document into Excel?

  1. #1

    How do I format a notpad document into Excel?

    I've downloaded a document from Notepad to Excel. How can I format it to
    different columns, or utilize the way it is now and it would print out each
    line without cutting off portions of each line?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I format a notpad document into Excel?

    Try Data>Text to Columns to break it out into columns.

    Delimited by space or comma ot tab or whatever.

    Actually Notepad should generate a *.txt file.

    Open that directly in Excel and the Text Wizard should pop up.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP