Filter (do not want the ugly drop-down button)

  1. #1
    HT
    Guest

    Filter (do not want the ugly drop-down button)

    ExcelXP

    I created a chart that has a column of dates. Every week I send out the
    chart and filter the column to just show one date. The drop-down button
    appears next to all of the columns. I just want the results without the ugly
    drop-down button.

    Please advise.

    Thanks in advance...

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Filter (do not want the ugly drop-down button)

    You could use an Advance Filter, instead of an AutoFilter. There are
    instructions here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

    Or, creating another row of headings, directly above the filter
    headings. When you want to print the chart, hide the row with the filter
    headings.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Filter (do not want the ugly drop-down button)

    Copy the visible cells to another sheet and send that out.

    Alternative......

    Go to Tools>Options>View and checkmark "hide all" under the Objects section.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    HT
    Guest

    Re: Filter (do not want the ugly drop-down button)

    Thank you Debra and Gord..

    Hiding the object was the easiest..(Tools, Options, View, Hide All).

    I am practicing with Advanced Filters for another use.

    Thanks again!