Store Variable with Exported Worksheet

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Stratuser
    Guest

    Store Variable with Exported Worksheet

    I'd like to store a value with an exported data worksheet, but I don't want
    to put the value in a cell. I just want the number to ride along with the
    data worksheet, because I'm going to use the number later when I reimport the
    data worksheet back into the program. The number is a value that comes from
    a named range in the program that will export the data worksheet. Once I
    export the data worksheet, the value that goes with it will not change.

    How should I do this?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Store Variable with Exported Worksheet

    assuming by exported data worksheet you mean an .xls file. Then created a
    sheet level defined name and assign it the value (in you exported
    worksheet). This is the same as you named range, but instead of refering to
    a range, refer to a value.

    If your exported worksheet will not be an xls file, then what will it be?

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Stratuser
    Guest

    Re: Store Variable with Exported Worksheet

    Yes, the exported worksheet will be an xls file. Thanks for your help.