VBA - Inserting a reference / checking

  1. #1
    cheesey_toastie
    Guest

    VBA - Inserting a reference / checking

    Hi

    We have a spreadsheet with macros embedded we distribute to our
    customers. Some of our users are not on the current version of Excel.
    Short of using older VBA references for some object libraries is there
    any way to query those available and insert the correct reference via a
    macro (which we can run on opening the spreadsheet). Talking users
    through the VBE interface is not an option!!

    TIA

    Cheesey

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: VBA - Inserting a reference / checking

    Develop your macros in the lowest version of Excel that the users will have,
    and that will obviate any version problems.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    cheesey_toastie
    Guest

    Re: VBA - Inserting a reference / checking

    Bob you are of course completely correct! I was trying to avoid that.
    I was just interested if it was possible to set the references via code
    as I have a similar problem when exporting modules to other
    spreadsheets.