securety problem

  1. #1

    securety problem

    Hi,

    I start an app in vb with this code:

    ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "C:\te.exe"

    I always get a warning about hyperlinks that can be harmfull to computer.
    How can I bypas this warning.
    I ´ve put my macro securety on low and trust all installed add-ins and templates + trust acces to visiual basic project.

    Is there a way so the warning won´t show

    Thanks
    Johan

  2. #2
    Chris
    Guest

    Re: securety problem

    Climax,

    Try putting

    Application.DisplayAlerts =3D False

    at the beginning of your code. At the end of your code you'd put

    Application.DisplayAlerts =3D True

    Let me know if this works.

    Thanks!

    climax wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I start an app in vb with this code:
    >
    > ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "C:\te.exe"
    >
    > I always get a warning about hyperlinks that can be harmfull to
    > computer.
    > How can I bypas this warning.
    > I =B4ve put my macro securety on low and trust all installed add-ins and
    > templates + trust acces to visiual basic project.
    >
    > Is there a way so the warning won=B4t show
    >
    > Thanks
    > Johan
    >

    > --
    > climax
    > climax's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...n=3Dgetinfo&u=

    serid=3D30816
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=3D570=

    084

  3. #3
    I get a syntax error on the 3D

  4. #4
    I tried also without the 3d. No syntax error but still get the popup screen

  5. #5
    Chris
    Guest

    Re: securety problem

    Hmm, I can't seem to duplicate the problem - what's the code on the
    line that you're getting the error?

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: securety problem

    As a general rule warning messages that involve virus alerts or other things
    which could cause your system harm can not be turned off. Otherwise those
    that created the virus or ??? would just defeat the warning message... As a
    guess this is one of those things you may have to learn to live with...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  7. #7
    This is a copy off my code
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Ok I found a sollution to turn the security screens off.
    Here is the link : http://officeone.mvps.org/download/h...k_warning.html