VBA - Chr(13)

  1. #1
    scottfoxall
    Guest

    VBA - Chr(13)

    Does anybody know why the carriage RTN Chr(13) works on some PCs but is
    throws out a compile error on other PCs. All the PCs use XL2000 with VBA 6.3

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: VBA - Chr(13)

    In what sense, how are you using it ?

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: VBA - Chr(13)

    Don't start multiple threads in multiple groups where the information is
    dispersed. You do not deserve help with an approach like that.

    Bob Phillips

  4. #4
    scottfoxall
    Guest

    Re: VBA - Chr(13)

    As I said, I am not a developer!

    I use this Chr(10) or Chr(13) when I write to text files for Carriage RTN

    I tried it when populating a TextBox with a collection of values from a
    number of cells. For example the textbox might be populated:

    Andy
    Paul
    Nick
    Sarah

    I don't understand why this works fine on some desktops but not on other?

    Sorry Bob, I thought this was a discussion gruop set up for sharing
    knowledge and helping those you could do with some help!

  5. #5
    Peter T
    Guest

    Re: VBA - Chr(13)

    > Sorry Bob, I thought this was a discussion gruop set up for sharing
    > knowledge and helping those you could do with some help!

    Indeed a discussion group should be for sharing knowledge. But you had
    earlier posted essentially the same question in .misc where you also got a
    different set of answers, so readers of this group cannot 'share' that
    information. In particular you have not informed this group that your
    problem was due to a missing reference.

    If someone responds your question in one group, then sees the same question
    in another it gives the impression you don't care how many people
    unnecessarily go to the trouble of duplicating answers to your question, and
    also don't care if readers of one group don't get the benefit of the
    ultimate solution visible only in the other group. It can lead to
    antagonism.

    Regards,
    Peter T