Sumproduct to ignore text and ""

  1. #1
    Ricky Pang
    Guest

    Sumproduct to ignore text and ""

    Hello Experts,
    How would you modify this formula so that the text and ="" [blanks] in the
    range of B1:B8 are ignored; thus, not producing a #Value! error?

    =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A8="a")*(B1:B8))

    Thanks in advance,
    Ricky

  2. #2
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct to ignore text and ""

    Try...

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A8="a"),B1:B8)

    Hope this helps!

  3. #3
    Ricky Pang
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct to ignore text and ""

    Thanks Domenic,
    That worked nicely.

    Ricky

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Aladin Akyurek

    Ricky Pang wrote:
    > Hello Experts,
    > How would you modify this formula so that the text and ="" [blanks] in the
    > range of B1:B8 are ignored; thus, not producing a #Value! error?
    >
    > =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A8="a")*(B1:B8))
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Ricky

    If this is not a question about the behavior of SumProduct with a
    contrieved example...

    =SUMIF((A1:A8,"a",B1:B8)

    will suffice.

  5. #5
    Ricky Pang
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct to ignore text and ""

    Hello again,
    How would you expand on this formula (which excludes text and "") so that
    multiple data columns ranging from B1:H8 would be included in the result
    once the criteria of ="a" has been established? Presently, only the data in
    B1:B8 works. I need to expand the range.

    =sumproduct(--(A1:A8="a"),B1:B8)

    Thanks in advance,
    Ricky

    news:e0m18Nh%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct to ignore text and ""

    Try...

    =SUM(IF(A1:A8="a",B1:H8))

    ....confirmed with CONROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER.

    Hope this helps!

    In article <eX#[email protected]>,

  7. #7
    Ricky Pang
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct to ignore text and ""

    Hi Domenic,
    Thank-you once again. It worked. This helps me a great deal.