need to make the print button function in worksheet

  1. #1
    dlc-forbes
    Guest

    need to make the print button function in worksheet

    i am creating a workbook and want to put a print button on the top of each
    page that functions, please help

  2. #2
    Forum Guru
    Los Angeles, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    WinXP/MSO2007;Win10/MSO2016
    Posts
    12,607

    re:print button

    create the button and assign a macro:

    "Worksheets("sheetx").Printout copies:=1"

  3. #3
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: NEED TO MAKE THE PRINT BUTTON FUNCTION IN WORKSHEET

    dlc-forbes,

    Sub print_sheet()
    ActiveSheet.PrintOut Copies:=1
    End Sub

    To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and
    pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open
    the VBA editor, in Project Explorer click on your workbook name, if you
    don't see it press CTRL + r to open the Project Explorer, then go to insert,
    module, and paste the code in the window that opens on the right hand side,
    press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook. To put
    the button on your sheet, view, toolbars, forms, click on the button then
    click on your sheet where you want the button, a box will come up to assign
    a macro, pick print_sheet from the list, OK change the name on the
    button if you want to, right click on it to do this. If you are using excel
    2000 or newer you may have to
    change the macro security settings to get the macro to run. To change the
    security settings go to tools, macro, security, security level and set it to
    medium

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    new york
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

    Need help with the print button tooo

    hi ... im trying to make a print button but it it keeps giving me an error
    ive gotten this far... well i jus copied another button that does the same thing from an older version here it is

    Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Sheets("Sheet1").Select
    'Range("a1:a9)").Select
    Selection.Value = ActiveCell.Value + 1
    Application.ActivePrinter = "Brother QL-550 on Ne00:"
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, ActivePrinter:= _
    "Brother QL-550 on Ne00:", Collate:=True
    End Sub

    it keeps saying
    runtime error
    "activeprinter' of object"_application' failed

    ant one care to try an help??????????????