+ Reply to Thread

Excel '02 Font Color Not Printing

Excel '02 Font Color Not Printing

Hey,
    One of my customers is using Excel 2002, and is having quite an interesting problem. He uses the format on numbers that shows negatives as "($12.65)"[and in red font color.] Now, when he prints, it prints as black. The same tone of black as if the text was just black. If we put the background color [of the cell] as red, it prints fine and dandy. However, any red font color does not print. I assume other colors will not print either, but have not yet tested that functionality. Even if we manually apply the red font color to another cell, it does not print.

So, my assertion is that his copy of Excel is not printing the font color, and I have no idea where to find a setting for that. :-P

Any ideas, folks?

(btw: Thanks a million for any views/replies, you guys have already saved my --- a few times :-D)
    -The1nk

hrm

i guess no-one has any ideas on what could be causing this odd behavior ?

Thanks.

MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010
    Hello The1nk,

It doesn't sound like the Page Setup sheet setting is for black and white because you would have no background color. Does this happen only on this printer? If so, it is most likely a print head problem.

Sincerely,
    Leith Ross
    Last edited by Leith Ross; 06-20-2008 at 03:02 AM.

We can't be sure if it is only on that printer. :-\ There is only one color printer on the network, so, we do not have access to other testing methods. Could a print head problem cause it to print the background color, but ignore foreground color? I'm still believing it's a setting in Excel somewhere, or maybe even not a setting, but a screwy glitch, as it prints in Black. Not a funny shade of grey, but Black. (If you print a color with a printer that has no ink, usually it just prints a shade of that color, or a blank spot. So, what would cause it to print Black instead of Red? Program or Printer ? Lol. X_X)

Thanks.

MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010
    Hello The1nk,

It could be a glitch in the print driver. It isn't likely that a setting is to blame. I have never come across one to change only the font color on a print out to black. My printer will substitute black ink for a missing or low color automatically. Maybe the one you have does this as well. Without another printer it will be hard to determine the cause. Do have any local color printers you can print on?

Sincerely,
    Leith Ross

Aha! Thank you.

The issue has been resolved. Apparently, the IT department installed new printer drivers across the group, and it has conflicts on this PC. Rolling it back to the older drivers did allow me to print in color.

Thanks a million.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information