+ Reply to Thread

Combining data from multiple sheets into one

MS-Off Ver
    O365

Combining data from multiple sheets into one

It seems to me that this should be easy, and yet, I'm stumped. I work with sales pipelines from multiple regions/countries, and each maintains their pipeline data in an Excel spreadsheet. I am trying to create a summary sheet that shows only the most relevant information (for reporting purposes) for all regions/countries. I can easily generate the summary for any one sheet using MS Query. What I'm having trouble with is this:
    • I want to combine entries from multiple countries for the same customer. For example, if there's an opp being worked for customer A in the US, and a separate opp being worked for Customer A in the UK, on the summary sheet, I want to have one row for Customer A that reflects the data from the US and the UK, rather than two separate entries.
    • I also want to display entries that may be unique to a country or region. So, for example, if the US is tracking opps for Customers A, B, C, and D, and the UK is tracking opps for Customers A, C, F, and G, I want to show Customers A and C with the US and UK opps combined, and Customers B, D, F, and G.

Does this make sense, or is it confusing? I tried joining the data, and that just didn't work. Combinations and permutations don't look like what I'm looking for. Help!

MS-Off Ver

Re: Combining data from multiple sheets into one

It makes "some" sense but the actual workings of a solution and the practicality of it is difficult to tell from the description.

Attach a sample workbook. Make sure there is just enough data to demonstrate your need. Include a BEFORE sheet and an AFTER sheet in the workbook if needed to show the process you're trying to complete or automate. Make sure your desired results are shown, mock them up manually if necessary.

Remember to desensitize the data.

Click on GO ADVANCED and use the paperclip icon to open the upload window.

View Pic
    <---------If you like someone's answer, click the star to the left of one of their posts to give them a reputation point for that answer.
    Ron W

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information