+ Reply to Thread

MACRO. Please help!

MS-Off Ver

MACRO. Please help!

Hello,

I'm new to creating macros and I've been playing around trying to make one for hours without any luck.

I have two sheets on my Spreadsheet. "Start" and "Register"

What I need the macro to do is as follows -

Search column B on sheet "Register" for a value that is entered into cell U7 on sheet "Start"

If no value is found then a message displays 'No value found'

If the value is exactly the same as the value entered on U7, then the macro copies the value on sheet "start" in U8. And copies that value into column "P" in the exact same row as the value "U7" that was found on sheet "Register"

So this is how I dream it will work -

On the "Start" sheet I enter a serial number in U7 for example 001, and a date returned (e.g. 29/05/15) in cell U8. I then click the update button which is hopefully linked to the above macro.

When I click that button the macro searches column B on sheet 'register' for serial number 001. When 001 is found the macro will copy the date from cell U8 on sheet 'start' (29/05/15) and copy that date into column "P" on sheet 'Register' in the exact same column as 001 was found. (So if 001 was found on sheet 'Register' in cell B12, the macro will copy the date in U8 on sheet 'Start' into cell P12 on sheet 'Register'.

If someone could help me on the above issue you would be a lifesaver!

As we have 1000s of serialised items than are lent out it would save days going through records if a macro could find and populate the entered return date.

I hope the above makes sense.

Regards,

Jack

This has been cross posted here -

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-q...ml#post4170481

Not answer has yet been received.
    Last edited by Coates1991; 05-29-2015 at 12:07 PM.

Forum Expert
    MS-Off Ver

Re: MACRO. Please help!

What you're asking isn't difficult, but your post directly violates the first rule of this forum:

1. Use concise, accurate thread titles. Your post title should describe your problem, not your anticipated solution. Use terms appropriate to a Google search. Poor thread titles, like Please Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice will be addressed according to the OP's experience in the forum: If you have less than 10 posts, expect (and respond to) a request to change your thread title. If you have 10 or more posts, expect your post to be locked, so you can start a new thread with an appropriate title.

Change your post title and I'll happily post the code you're asking for.
    Last edited by walruseggman; 05-29-2015 at 11:32 AM.

MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365

Re: MACRO. Please help!

Cross Posted : http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-q...ther-help.html

Your post does not comply with Rule 8 of our Forum RULES. Do not crosspost your question on multiple forums without including links here to the other threads on other forums.

Cross-posting is when you post the same question in other forums on the web. The last thing you want to do is waste people's time working on an issue you have already resolved elsewhere. We prefer that you not cross-post at all, but if you do (and it's unlikely to go unnoticed), you MUST provide a link (copy the url from the address bar in your browser) to the cross-post.

Expect cross-posted questions without a link to be closed and a message will be posted by the moderator explaining why. We are here to help so help us to help you!

Read this to understand why we ask you to do this, and then please edit your first post to include links to any and all cross-posts in any other forums (not just this site).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information