+ Reply to Thread

Hey all, embracing the awesomeness of excel.

MS-Off Ver

Hey all, embracing the awesomeness of excel.

I Truely can't believe I've been using excel for spreadsheets to upload and change products to e-commerce sites, and amazon and such, and also for for probably 15 years, but it's just been the last couple months that I've been really breaking into it and getting into the formulas and I really had no idea how powerful this is!!! It's fantastic. But now I have more questions than ever!

some of the things I've been using it for recently during a big cart migration was pulling out lists of files in folders, which was quicker and easier than printing a text file in DOS imho, I've had to sort through and rename close to 12,000 images to find what they should actually be named and then change the format of them, and the name,. Now granted this was a combination of Dos, Excel and Photoshop but still it was crazy slick.

Being able to copy rows of formulas to use them exactly on other sheets was awesome so I can have 5 sheet project with totals for the whole project in the far right column on every page calculated dynamically.

Simple things like conditional formatting have eluded me forever, now I LOVE IT!

Really a ton of stuff, Now I have a big challenge but I'm positive Excel can do it but I'm hoping for some help. Basically I'm gonna have to combine two spreadsheets on the daily by syncing up one column of data, have it auto do some conditional formatting and some math and moving some stuff around. I will detail the job in my next question!

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003 & 2007
    Hello SanDiegoCasey,

Welcome to Excelforum. Be a part of large Excel community. Enjoy Learning.
    If I have helped, Don't forget to add to my reputation (click on the star below the post)
    Don't forget to mark threads as "Solved" (Thread Tools->Mark thread as Solved)
    Use code tags when posting your VBA code: [code] Your code here [/code]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information