+ Reply to Thread

Run Customised Report - Excel linked to Powerpoint

MS-Off Ver

Run Customised Report - Excel linked to Powerpoint

Hi,

I've got produced a report in Excel based on a survey of about 100 different organisations.

The raw data is in Excel, a set of tables and from the tables I've created a series of stacked bar charts for each of the questions from the survey.

The bar charts basically show, for each question, how many of the organisations have put a particular answer e.g. 20 'strongly agree', '50 agree'.

The charts from Excel are pasted into powerpoint (such that Powerpoint will update should the figures change).

However, what I want to do is to create a set of customisable powerpoint presentations for each of the 100 customers (which I will pdf) which not only show the aggregated results but also indicate somehow what each of the organisations put as a response.

So essentially you'd have a report for customer 1 which would list all the questions using the stacked bar charts but also be able to remind people what they put as a response. And then another report for customer 2 and so on.

Two questions:

- Is there any way of showing this as an overlay on the stacked bar graph (or is there a better way of showing this)?

- Is there any way of being able to run the set of powerpoint reports automatically?

Hope that makes sense - let me know if not!

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

MS-Off Ver

Re: Run Customised Report - Excel linked to Powerpoint

The attachment might help. It is an example of how to substitute fixed text in a "template" and how to insert charts and tables onto blank pages. I'm assuming that your "template" file is the same for all organizations and you just want to substitute the appropriate chart on the appropriate slide.

The spreadsheet in the attachment does this using a table that contains a "map" showing where the information is located in Excel, what page it has to go to in PowerPoint, and how to size an position what is inserted into PowerPoint.

You will have to modify the code so that the output file and the "where do I get the Excel chart" reflects the organization name. This could most likely be done with a formula. In fact you might even be able to wrap the code in a loop to do each organization automatically.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.

A picture is worth a thousand words, but a sample spreadsheet is more likely to be worked on.

MS-Off Ver

Re: Run Customised Report - Excel linked to Powerpoint

Just noticed the location. I used to live in Chelmsford.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information