+ Reply to Thread

Which Version of MS Excel Do You Use?

Forum Moderator

Which Version of MS Excel Do You Use?

Dear Users,

We are running a small survey on Excel Forum (Refer to following Google form link) and we request you to kindly take out a few minutes from your precious time to answer enclosed questions for us to improve our services and user experience.

Excel Forum - Which Version of MS Excel Do You Use?

Thanks and best regards,
    Team Excel Forum

P.S. Please note that each user (IP address) can respond only once.
    Last edited by EFmanagement; 06-02-2016 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Changed Title and made correction in the thread

Retired in Ipswich, Suffolk, but grew up in Sawley, Derbyshire (England)
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365 Subscription Insider Beta Channel v. 2404 (Windows 11 22H2 64-bit)

Re: Excel Forum - Feedback

I have just completed the survey. All it asks is the version of Excel I use and how long I've been using Excel: how are you going to be able to improve your services and user experience from just this information? Would it not make more sense to ask questions about the way that I use the current forums?
    Ali

Enthusiastic self-taught user of MS Excel who's always learning!
    Don't forget to say "thank you" in your thread to anyone who has offered you help.
    You can reward them by clicking on * Add Reputation below their user name on the left, if you wish.

Forum Rules (updated August 2023): please read them here.

Forum Expert
    MS-Off Ver

What if someone does not have, does not want and will not register, a Google account?

But as the survey seems to only be asking for personal details like email address, experience with Excel and the like, it doesn't really matter... I can't see how that is going to improve issues on the forum.

Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AliGW View Post
    I have just completed the survey. All it asks is the version of Excel I use and how long I've been using Excel: how are you going to be able to improve your services and user experience from just this information? Would it not make more sense to ask questions about the way that I use the current forums?
    Hi Ali,

We understand your curiosity that how these questions will help us to improve better but trust us, we are putting each required effort to make it better platform in terms of services we can offer you most. We will be coming up with few more surveys in future that will be a part of this exercise in fact.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,
    Team Excel Forum

MS-Off Ver

OK. I'll look forward to taking part in a survey that might actually have something to do with user experience, then. Thanks!

Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by cytop View Post
    What if someone does not have, does not want and will not register, a Google account?
    It is not necessary to have a google account as it is mentioned there, that you have to fill out your EF username and registered email id. Also, if someone does not want to fill out the form, we cannot force them to do it. Since, this is a public community and whosoever likes to participate, is welcome to do so.

But as the survey seems to only be asking for personal details like email address, experience with Excel and the like, it doesn't really matter... I can't see how that is going to improve issues on the forum.
    EDIT - Removed Email-address option from the survey.

The personal details are just to know that who all have submitted their responses from our community. On your 2nd point, please trust us that this feedback will surely help us to analyze few things we need to know to enrich your experience.

Happy Learning,
    Team Excel Forum
    Last edited by EFmanagement; 06-02-2016 at 01:30 AM. Reason: EDIT - Removed Email-address option from the survey.

Forum Expert
    MS-Off Ver

...not necessary to have a google account as it is mentioned there
    "This form contains features which require sign in. Your identity will not be revealed."

MS-Off Ver
    Redhat

I am not impressed by this approach, especially not by 'trust us'.

MS-Off Ver
    365 Win 11

It's not forum feedback if it's asking for Excel experience. Also, why do you need an email address and the username, if you have a username, you have the email address or is this email harvesting? I don't see a privacy section on there stating what you will do with the data.

I suspect you already know what the forum issues are. Why do you want to add features when the forum is broken?

Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle123 View Post
    It's not forum feedback if it's asking for Excel experience. Also, why do you need an email address and the username, if you have a username, you have the email address or is this email harvesting? I don't see a privacy section on there stating what you will do with the data...
    Hi Kyle,

The FORM which we created, is Google form. And if we had not asked username and registered email address there, then we would not know who has submitted what.

We have only asked for Excel Forum's user name and registered email id and we don't think that there should be any problem in providing for our registered users. However, in case someone have any problem, can skip participating here.

We do not share Email address or any information of users with anyone. Since, this is for all registered users who have already agreed to the rules / terms & conditions at the time of registration, so we didn't think of keep it there.

I suspect you already know what the forum issues are. Why do you want to add features when the forum is broken?
    We didn't observe any major issue(s) recently which says the forum is not working or broken. However, whenever there is any issue or problem reported, TT always work very hard to sort that out as soon as possible they can.

We also want you to understand that we have different teams behind EF and trying our best to serve you better in every terms. So, it would be highly appreciated if we get support from our senior members to do the same.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,
    Team Excel Forum

MS-Off Ver
    365 Win 11

Why isn't the username sufficient?
    We didn't observe any major issue(s) recently which says the forum is not working or broken. However, whenever there is any issue or problem reported, TT always work very hard to sort that out as soon as possible they can.
    Really?
    http://www.excelforum.com/suggestion...ion-times.html
    http://www.excelforum.com/suggestion...tachments.html
    http://www.excelforum.com/suggestion...the-forum.html
    http://www.excelforum.com/the-water-...png-files.html
    http://www.excelforum.com/the-water-...plication.html
    http://www.excelforum.com/the-water-...ver-error.html

And that's just from the first page

MS-Off Ver
    365 Ent SAC

Apart from a brief period of about a week, this forum has been blocked by Websense filtering (used by numerous enterprises worldwide) for well over a YEAR. This has been reported numerous times. How is me telling you what version of Office I use (information that is in most profiles already) or how long I've been doing it going to help the incredible Tech Team rectify that? Or any of the other forum issues?

In fact, can you name me anything related to that survey information that would improve this forum experience?

Before you thank me for it, my patience is worn extremely thin and my understanding is pretty much non-existent here. Perhaps you could put those two metrics in your next survey.

The Great City of Manchester, NW England ;-)
    MS-Off Ver
    MSO 2007,2010,365

We also want you to understand that we have different teams behind EF and trying our best to serve you better in every terms. So, it would be highly appreciated if we get support from our senior members to do the same.
    Had you wanted input from the "senior members of the forum", it would have made a lot of sense if you had posted a thread in the Veterans' Forum telling us about your plans to seek input from us in various on-line questionnaires.

As Kyle has already pointed out, there are many threads discussing various forum issues. And, in fact, there have been several crashes in the last few day. Plus the attempts at double posting, many of which do get posted. I can't even be bothered reporting them any more. If you email the forum Admin, you just get an automated reply and never, ever get feedback on the issue or its resolution. Waste of time and effort.

Can't see the value of responding to an ill advised and thought out questionnaire, so I won't be completing it. In actual fact, I can't complete it effectively as I currently use 2007 and 2010, and I used to use 2003. I don't have 2013 at the moment, or 2016, so I'm not "all of the above", but I cannot reflect my actual usage.

Insane!
    Trevor Shuttleworth - Retired Excel/VBA Consultant

I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

'Being unapologetic means never having to say you're sorry' John Cooper Clarke

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)

@ Trevor...
    If you email the forum Admin, you just get an automated reply and never, ever get feedback
    Hope that was not directed at Jerry or myself?

And in response to this thread request, I too, see no point in what use the data being gathered, would serve

Tell us what you are doing, what you intend collecting, and HOW this will improve the forum...then MAYBE members *may* consider participating. Until you take that step - good luck
    1. Use code tags for VBA. [code] Your Code [/code] (or use the # button)
    2. If your question is resolved, mark it SOLVED using the thread tools
    3. Click on the star if you think someone helped you

Regards
    Ford

Forum Moderator

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for taking time to identify threads reported in the past few weeks. However, we would also like you to know that we have already taken into account these issues and some of them have been resolved or provided alternates. The issues which are not yet resolved or pending are due to compatibility issues on which our tech team is already working.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Team Excel Forum

Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Had you wanted input from the "senior members of the forum", it would have made a lot of sense if you had posted a thread in the Veterans' Forum telling us about your plans to seek input from us in various on-line questionnaires.
    We always seek feedback of senior members. Whenever we plan something new and we feel it requires attention of senior members or admins, we personally message to site admins seeking their approval. However, this feedback form was just to collect basic interest of the users on the forum.

As Kyle has already pointed out, there are many threads discussing various forum issues.
    We agree with Kyle's point however, most of them were already reported on time as soon as we got to know and we tried our best to resolve them asap.

And, in fact, there have been several crashes in the last few day. Plus the attempts at double posting, many of which do get posted. I can't even be bothered reporting them any more. If you email the forum Admin, you just get an automated reply and never, ever get feedback on the issue or its resolution. Waste of time and effort.
    The site was down few days back however, within 5 minutes the issue was resolved and site was working fine.

The reason of double posting is sometime slow network speed or traffic overload in that specific time. Also, security firewall settings within user's network sometimes does not allow some sites to pass through the security barrier, the user in that case cannot access the website. This can be overcome by switching to some other network.

On your point of emailing to the forum admin, could you please let us know whom did you send an email to and you didn't get any response? Since, writing at [email protected], would get you an automated reply, but you will for sure get a response within 24 working hours on your query.

Can't see the value of responding to an ill advised and thought out questionnaire, so I won't be completing it. In actual fact, I can't complete it effectively as I currently use 2007 and 2010, and I used to use 2003. I don't have 2013 at the moment, or 2016, so I'm not "all of the above", but I cannot reflect my actual usage.

Insane!
    Not responding to the questionnaire is your free will and we are not forcing you to do so. But, there is no harm in completing a small set of questions in the hope that it will help us to know our target audience better and developed content more suitable to their needs and preferences in future.

MS-Off Ver
    365 Win 11

Quote Originally Posted by EFmanagement View Post
    Hi Kyle,

Thanks for taking time to identify threads reported in the past few weeks. However, we would also like you to know that we have already taken into account these issues and some of them have been resolved or provided alternates. The issues which are not yet resolved or pending are due to compatibility issues on which our tech team is already working.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Team Excel Forum
    So what have you done about the png issue and the websense?

Do you have a status thread where these issues are listed and their current status? It would add transparency and improve relations with members of we could see you're actually doing something.
    Last edited by Kyle123; 05-31-2016 at 01:58 AM.

MS-Off Ver
    MSO 2007,2010,365

This can be overcome by switching to some other network.
    Oh, don't talk rubbish. I'm connected to the Internet by my ISP. I don't have a choice of networks.

MS-Off Ver
    365 Ent SAC

I assumed that was a typo and they meant switching to some other forum.

MS-Off Ver
    MSO 2007,2010,365

That a LOT of wrong letters

MS-Off Ver
    365 Ent SAC

True, but it's more feasible than the alternative, so I gave the benefit of the doubt.

MS-Off Ver
    Office 2010 + 2013 + 2016

Why bother doing a survey at all when it's blatantly clear from this thread alone that you have no interest in listening to any of your members' thoughts or opinions?

'_- Germany >Outside Building things.... Mostly
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 2003 2007 2010 PC but Not mac. XP and Vista mostly, sometimes Win 7

Hi, Mr EF Management, Sir.
    Possibly I misunderstood this:
    It is not necessary to have a google account as it is mentioned there, that you have to fill out your EF username and registered email id. .......
    ??? I looked on a few Computers, tried different browsers ( Goggle chrome and IE 9 and IE 11) using a couple of IP Addresses.

It does not let me fill in the form if I do not log-in to a gmail account ( which I do not have , and nor does my Wife !! )

This is what we see:
    GoogleFuckOff.JPG

Alan
    P.s. _ I am in Germany, as is probably obvious, so I will translate that bit about the log-in requirement

German
    Melden sie sich zum ausfüllen des Formulars in ihren Google-Konto an
    Das Formular enthält Funktionen für die eine Anmeldung erforderlich ist. Ihre Identität wird nicht preisgegeben

Google Translation ( Corrected a little bit For proper written English, the Google translator is crap )
    “Log-in with your Google Account
    The form contains functions for which registration is required. Your identity will not be revealed

Correct English Translation
    Hi, this is Google. I probably know all about you anyway. But just to make sure and help keep my records up to date, fill this in so I can continue to give a great service to those who pay me for all the data I collect from everyone. I may not always give away your identity, but certainly as much details as I can, or am paid for to give out or I will use it myself in any way I can think of that would be to my advantage.

( That is me more criticising Google than anything else.. But I am a bit nervous of anything or anyone working “with” them )
    _.....

P.P.s. The worst of the EF Forum “problems” have not affected me, for the users having access problem I really can really feel their Pain. My sympathies there. The other problems I have got used to and have even been find the Workarounds amusing, and find it gives an “amusing” character to the Forum.
    ( I should say that I confess I that I sometime think myself I am a bit mad, or certainly a bit Psychologically unusual, ( but I am harmless, we think ). I do not try to be like it, it comes natural.

Alans

MS-Off Ver
    Redhat

Re: Which Version of MS Excel Do You Use?

P.S. Please note that each user (IP address) can respond only once.

Can you inform us how you check this ?

MS-Off Ver

Google Knows all.. and for a Price they will tell you everything you want to know...

Hi snb
    Quote Originally Posted by snb View Post
    Can you inform us how you check this ?
    Does this help.... I mean it is easy for you to check what IP you are using at any time: There appear to be lots of free sites on that: This one just told me my IP and threw up a Google Map showing exactly where I am!!! ( Good old spying Google Lol... )
    http://whatismyipaddress.com/de/meine-ip
    http://whatismyipaddress.com/?u=TRUE

( BTW. I found it strange just recently when EF Management asked someone for their IP. I was sure all Forums “Log them”. A lot of Forums I use say they log all, and Mr Excel, for example often ban some IP Addresses when they do not like those using it....)
    Alan

EDIT:
    On second read I see you may have been asking how they check you - I think the software does that automatically. They use here similar software to MrExcel. A Mod there told me that the vBulletin software automatically shows them all IP Addresses.
    Last edited by Doc.AElstein; 06-02-2016 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Woke up and read the question Properly !!!!!!!

MS-Off Ver
    Redhat

@alan

I know that is the case, but when someone answers their 'Google-survey' how do they check the survey login to the IP that is registered in the forumsoftware ?

MS-Off Ver
    MSO 2007,2010,365

I'm sure I recall a response from Kyle a little while back saying they can't see our actual IP addresses because of the fire wall. Or perhaps I'm getting confused

MS-Off Ver

Google Knows all.. and for a Price they will tell you everything you want to know...

Hi
    I'm sure I recall a response from Kyle a little while back saying they can't see our actual IP addresses because of the fire wall. Or perhaps I'm getting confused
    So maybe they just ask their Partner Google then
    Kevin and I

MS-Off Ver

not quite admin and mods can see your IP
    If the solution helped please donate to RSPCA

Site worth visiting: Rabbitohs

MS-Off Ver

What is a IP ... And who can see it.......

Hi Pike
    Quote Originally Posted by pike View Post
    Maybe Kyle meant ( I mean Trevor said he thought Kyle had said / meant ? ( a few Posts back ) ) that you can have yourself a Firewall that prevents them them seeing that. Or is that rubbish and not possible?
    Kev

We rambled a bit about IP here as well I think

http://www.excelforum.com/the-water-...ml#post4157662
    http://www.excelforum.com/the-water-...l#post4157481]

MS-Off Ver

Quote Originally Posted by pike View Post
    Just to verify that, can you confirm that your IP is 20x.x.xxx3.2?

MS-Off Ver

Here's meine, as got by visiting any of many sites that offer to give it..
    xx.xxx.x22.83
    Can you see that?

But I have no Protection, firewalls etc, at least not on the old Computer I access EF on ..
    Alan
    Last edited by FDibbins; 06-03-2016 at 11:40 AM. Reason: changed some stuff
    '_- Google first, like this _ site:ExcelForum.com Gamut
    Use Code Tags: Highlight code; click on the # icon above,
    Post screenshots COPYABLE to a Spredsheet; NOT IMAGES PLEASE
    http://www.excelforum.com/the-water-...ml#post4109080
    https://app.box.com/s/gjpa8mk8ko4vkwcke3ig2w8z2wkfvrtv
    http://excelmatters.com/excel-forums/ ( Scrolll down to bottom )

MS-Off Ver

not quite...
    xx.xxx.x11.159

MS-Off Ver

Wierd, Probably Kyle will pop by and set us straight?

MS-Off Ver

naaa probably not a static IP, changes to find the fastest connection - no biggie

MS-Off Ver
    MSO 2007,2010,365

Mine ends in xx.xx.173.88.

That reflects the location of my ISP

MS-Off Ver

Every forum you go to needs to know your IP address in order to respond.

MS-Off Ver
    MSO 2007,2010,365

The forum will respond to the IP address coming in. When the response goes out, the IP address coming in will be translated back to the source IP Address. That implies that you can communicate, which obviously you can, but you may not necessarily know the true IP address.

MS-Off Ver
    MSO 2007,2010,365

@Ford: what IP address do you see for me?

MS-Off Ver

ISP I 'S A Poxy Proxy .. Kyle can't always get his extension up, Oh er Mussis

Just a minor point to confues the issue.....Some people use Proxies, I doubt if a Forum would , or Google Questionaire or who whatever might want to limit one reply, one person there etc.. as many or other legit users may be ( having ) to use those.. ?!?

Or maybe they do, .
    http://www.excelforum.com/the-water-...ml#post4181123
    . Kyle can have difficulty getting his great extension up there
    Last edited by Doc.AElstein; 06-03-2016 at 07:21 PM.

MS-Off Ver
    2002, 2007:2013

Re: ISP I 'S A Poxy Proxy .. Kyle can't always get his extension up, Oh er Mussis

What is a IP ... And who can see it.......
    ISP I 'S A Poxy Proxy .. Kyle can't always get his extension up, Oh er Mussis
    How are you able to change the post title if you're not the thread starter?
    Biff
    Microsoft MVP Excel
    Keep It Simple Stupid

Let's Go Pens. We Want The Cup.

MS-Off Ver

I am a Forum Expert me Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Valko View Post
    How are you able to change the post title if you're not the thread starter?
    Hi Tony,
    I Guess that is just one of those things you know... when you are a Forum Expert Lol....Lol Lol
    http://www.excelforum.com/the-water-...apologies.html

( Sent you a Private Message telling you how...... I know you do not accept them.. But you will receive it anyway, Lol...
    again, just one of those things you know, when you are. a ...........)

Alan

MS-Off Ver
    MSO 2007,2010,365

FAO: Tony Valko

... When you reply, click on Go Advanced. And the world is your lobster

MS-Off Ver

@Ford: what IP address do you see for me?
    xx.x.143.119

Dont know if its a good idea/OK to post the full IP, so I hid the 1st 2 parts

MS-Off Ver

Re: FAO: Tony Valko

... When you reply, click on Go Advanced. And the world is your lobster
    but you can only change the title on that particular post - the thread title needs to be changed in the 1st post by OP/Mod

MS-Off Ver
    MSO 2007,2010,365

Quote Originally Posted by FDibbins View Post
    xx.x.143.119

Dont know if its a good idea/OK to post the full IP, so I hid the 1st 2 parts
    Mine ends in xx.xx.173.88.
    So, not the same then?

MS-Off Ver

just checked again, same thing...xx.x.143.119

MS-Off Ver
    MSO 2007,2010,365

I rest my case, your honour.

MS-Off Ver

..... If you email the forum Admin, you just get an automated reply and never, ever get feedback on the issue or its resolution. Waste of time and effort.......
    Quote Originally Posted by FDibbins View Post
    @ Trevor...
    Hope that was not directed at Jerry or myself?
    I doubt very much if anyone would question your efforts, Ford, considering you have had access problem for months and are still the most consistent contact we have.
    Hope Jerry is OK and has not given up?... he has done great work in the past also. He has not been around as much this year,...
    http://www.excelforum.com/the-water-...e-back-jb.html

MS-Off Ver

I see!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.AElstein View Post
    Sent you a Private Message telling you how...... I know you do not accept them.. But you will receive it anyway, Lol...
    Did not get a PM.

MS-Off Ver

Re: I see!

Duplicate Post Generated by Forum Software---
    Last edited by Doc.AElstein; 06-04-2016 at 08:22 AM.

MS-Off Ver

Private messages - messages that are private ;)

Did not get a PM.
    Hi Tony,
    Sorry, I meant a private message

Check your User Control Panel.. - Click on
    User CP Button above
    or this link_....
    http://www.excelforum.com/usercp.php
    _...
    I think you will See it Lol !!!!!
    Alan

P.s.
    I sent you another private message there as well this morning , so you should see two
    !!!!!

Edit:
    I am not talking about the reply I did in your Test Thread - that is not private, if you catch my drift....

Edit Again..

Just sent you a third private message "Private Message Number 3"
    Last edited by Doc.AElstein; 06-04-2016 at 08:25 AM.

MS-Off Ver

Nope, no PMs

I did not get any PMs.

MS-Off Ver

Re: Nope, no PMs

corrcect. No PM's . Just 3 private messages

Solved

MS-Off Ver

PM = private message

I have not received any private messages from you.

MS-Off Ver

OK, now I see what you're doing!

MS-Off Ver

Got it sussed :)

OK
    I sent you 3 messages that were private

_.....

It is probably best to say things like_---------

_1) PM at Excel Forum ( The "thing" most people will recognise ):
    ExcelForum.Application.PrivateMessage.Tony_Valko
    PM = private message
    I did not send you any Private Messages ( PM's ) at Excel Forum..
    _2) What I sent you:
    ExcelForum.Application.Rep.MessagePrivate.Tony_Valko
    I sent you 3 messages ( at Excel Forum ) that were private
    Messages at Excel Forum that are private: ones that only you can see
    MP ( Unqualified Forum Implicit here to Excel Forum ., the software ,. rep system ., ) = Message Private
    Messsages Privato Wiily I wonk
    _..............................................
    _---------------------Other wise it is easy to confuse , Sorry.

Note: am doing it a bit better IMO then Microsoft, as I do not use the same Property Name for the similar Property applied to a different Object. IMO there is enough simularity for someone to see that PrivateMessage and MessagePrivate are very similar Properties, but the different spelling helps not to mix them up in Code. Just IMO
    P.s.

The space in your User Name worries me. ( as does the period ( . Dot ) in mine come to think of it ) That could cause problems if I develop this system Further.....

_.. Not quite sure what I mean there, just thinking ahead a bit..
    :rollyblüredeyes:
    Last edited by Doc.AElstein; 06-05-2016 at 08:05 AM.

MS-Off Ver
    Redhat

Why is EF'management' ignoring posts in the 'suggestions for improvement' subforum ??

MS-Off Ver

Which message?

MS-Off Ver
    Redhat

MS-Off Ver
    Redhat

Is everybody on holiday ?

MS-Off Ver

Quote Originally Posted by snb View Post
    Is everybody on holiday ?
    Maybe you should try Hindi or Urdu
    हो सकता है कि आप हिंदी या उर्दू का प्रयास करना चाहिए
    شاید آپ کو ہندی یا اردو کی کوشش کرنی چاہئے

_..................................

I struggle continually with a communication problem with OP’s that appear to come from the India part of the World.
    मैं ओपी के साथ एक संचार समस्या यह है कि विश्व के भारत हिस्से से आते दिखाई देते हैं के साथ लगातार संघर्ष करते हैं।
    میں نے دنیا کے بھارت حصے سے آنے کے لئے ظاہر ہے کہ کسی کے ساتھ ایک مواصلات کے مسئلے کے ساتھ مسلسل جدوجہد.

Possibly the Rules here
    संभवत: नियम यहाँ
    یہاں شاید قواعد
    http://www.excelforum.com/forums-rules/

Could be extended to cover the languages of Hindu and Urdu
    हिंदू और उर्दू भाषाओं में से कवर करने के लिए बढ़ाया जा सकता है
    ہندو اور اردو کی زبانوں کا احاطہ کرنے کے لاگو کیا جا سکتا

Possibly EF Management could do that ?
    प्रबंधन की संभावना है कि कर सकता है?
    انتظام کا امکان ہے کہ کر سکتے تھے؟

MS-Off Ver
    Redhat

I second that proposal.

MS-Off Ver

I use Excel 2010.

MS-Off Ver
    O365 v 2402

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.AElstein View Post
    Maybe you should try Hindi or Urdu
    हो सकता है कि आप हिंदी या उर्दू का प्रयास करना चाहिए
    شاید آپ کو ہندی یا اردو کی کوشش کرنی چاہئے

_..................................

I struggle continually with a communication problem with OP’s that appear to come from the India part of the World.
    मैं ओपी के साथ एक संचार समस्या यह है कि विश्व के भारत हिस्से से आते दिखाई देते हैं के साथ लगातार संघर्ष करते हैं।
    میں نے دنیا کے بھارت حصے سے آنے کے لئے ظاہر ہے کہ کسی کے ساتھ ایک مواصلات کے مسئلے کے ساتھ مسلسل جدوجہد.

Possibly the Rules here
    संभवत: नियम यहाँ
    یہاں شاید قواعد
    http://www.excelforum.com/forums-rules/

Could be extended to cover the languages of Hindu and Urdu
    हिंदू और उर्दू भाषाओं में से कवर करने के लिए बढ़ाया जा सकता है
    ہندو اور اردو کی زبانوں کا احاطہ کرنے کے لاگو کیا جا سکتا

Possibly EF Management could do that ?
    प्रबंधन की संभावना है कि कर सकता है?
    انتظام کا امکان ہے کہ کر سکتے تھے؟
    I got a warning for posting a link to competing forums (Forum rule 13a about competing forums). Your signature gives several... Interesting
    Last edited by Pepe Le Mokko; 09-14-2016 at 02:46 PM.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010 2019

@Pepe

I had forgotten about that Rule...I post links to Threads on various other Free Forums if I feel it addresses the OP's issue. I'll need to be more aware...

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe Le Mokko View Post
    I got a warning for posting a link to competing forums (Forum rule 13a about competing forums).
    John

If you have issues with Code I've provided, I appreciate your feedback.

In the event Code provided resolves your issue, please mark your Thread as SOLVED.

If you're satisfied by any members response to your issue please use the star icon at the lower left of their post.

MS-Off Ver

Spirit of .... Rule 13..

Although not specifically worded as such, I think the spirit of the Rule is the following:

_.. You should
    _... not take a solution off the forum, that is to say you should not steer an OP to another Forum to ask the question
    _.. not prepare a solution elsewhere in answer to a question here.
    _...........................

_.. I think it is OK to give links to existing solutions elsewhere, if
    _.. you have yourself used them in answering the OP’s question
    _.. the existing Information there addresses the OP’s issue
    _...........................

_.. I think the above are the written Rules in some other similar Forums, and they are roughly in line with what Mods have communicated to me here as the spirit of the Rule

MS-Off Ver
    MSO 2007,2010,365

If I did not have a ready solution to a problem, but found one elsewhere, I could not for shame pretend it was my solution. I may quote the solution but I would include a link and credit. Better that, I think, than suggesting the OP Googles it ... although, why they don't just do that in the first place, I'll never know.

Are we digressing here?

MS-Off Ver

Passing Members Ur,. Du and You Tube Songs Digractions Wonk

Are we digressing here?
    we usually do in these Off Topic Sub Forums. Considering the response of management to "Suggestions for Improvements" ... it does no harm.. Lol...

_.....

Did you know that Range things are often referred to as Members
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib.../ff197454.aspx
    Got thast idea from Rory actually...
    That made me think, about member things

_.......
    .... Better that, I think, than suggesting the OP Googles it ... although, why they don't just do that in the first place, I'll never know....
    I think a lot of the Members I get involved with speak a language that may not be too well supported after a Google search.
    _.....
    _... Recently i started posting links in a Thread to You Tube songs that I sometimes listen to , as support to answering a Thread. I could not answer some Threads without listening to those Songs, so I thought it was in the Spirit of the Rule to post them.
    This is my favourite, just now
    http://listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=i...I_Remember_You
    Last edited by Doc.AElstein; 09-14-2016 at 06:20 PM.

MS-Off Ver
    Redhat

Please remove this thread because of irrelevance.

MS-Off Ver

Relevance of Some relevance of the irrelevant may have some relevance.

It seems to be a General Policy not to remove Threads generally.
    Reasons that are sometimes used for deleting Threads or even Sub Forums seems not to include reasons of irrelevance, ( unless there might be some reason to the irrelevant content such as content of advertising nature, such as that included in some spam posts, that is to say there is some “hidden” relevance to the said seemingly irrelevance ).

http://www.excelforum.com/the-water-...d-threads.html
    http://www.excelforum.com/the-water-...you-use-4.html
    http://www.excelforum.com/suggestion...hp-f-13-a.html
    http://www.excelforum.com/exceltip-c...s-suggestions/

Possibly the relevance to the irrelevant Posts , Threads, Sub Forums could be to show the point of the irrelevance.
    As such there is relevance in the irrelevance so as to demonstrate and inform of the irrelevance.
    This might , in some cases help to remove some irrelevance
    As such the comments as to the irrelevance are also helpful, being relevant to attracting attention to the irrelevance, which in turn might initiate action resulting in more relevance of the irrelevant Posts , Threads, Sub Forums

Hope that has some relevance

MS-Off Ver

Excel v.16.14

MS-Off Ver
    2016, 32-bit Version

2016 Version 1811 (Build 11029.20108)

MS-Off Ver
    Redhat

Can A moderator please remove this Thread ?
    Last edited by snb; 12-21-2018 at 06:25 PM.

MS-Off Ver

Why do you think the thread should be removed? It has not been reported as being problematic. I can see a lot of old off topic chat in it, however it is in The Water Cooler.
    Last edited by AliGW; 12-21-2018 at 06:21 PM.

MS-Off Ver

I also see no valid reason to delete this.

MS-Off Ver

I use Excel 2010.

MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft Excel for Mac Version 16.17

Responded to the survey!

MS-Off Ver
    Office 365

I've been using 2013 for ages. Recently updated to Office 365. Love the new functionalities!

MS-Off Ver
    Windows 10

2013 and going to until it isn't supported anymore.

MS-Off Ver
    Office 2021

2016 and 2019 (2 machines)
    One I have learnt over the last few months, " You are NEVER too old to learn ".
    Sometimes I forget to say " Thank You " for your assistance, so here I say " A BIG Thank You. "

MS-Off Ver
    microsoft pc

i m using latest version of ms excel abd u guyz?

MS-Off Ver

So which of the latest versions are you using?

MS-Off Ver
    ProPlus latest

I use the 2016 one.

Valued Forum Contributor Eastw00d's Avatar
    MS-Off Ver
    2016, 2019

I have used all these versions:
    Excel 95
    Excel 97
    Excel XP
    Excel 2003 (v11.0)
    Microsoft Excel 2007
    Excel 2010 and now:
    Excel 2016

Cheers
    Erwin
    I started learning VBA because I was lazy ...
    Still developing.... being more lazy...

MS-Off Ver
    Professional Plus 2019

I am currently using Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019
    I have the updated versions coming in through MSDN but I am ok with it for now.

At work they have the O365 Enterprise which is pretty much the same but I don't like the search box in Outlook at the title bar.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

O365, which I really like

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information