+ Reply to Thread

Pivot table help

MS-Off Ver

Pivot table help

Hello,

If you could please look at the attachment I have, it will give a better understanding of my project. So I am working to speed up my reporting for our inventory reports. In the back we have many items, but some items are in different places (one item could be in 5 places and another one could be in one or two). So for my reporting, I must show where each item is by a certain fixture location. Right now I use a Pivot table (Sheet2) to show the multiple locations of each item that I search for. But some items are so close in name, for example A-2 and A. So my end goal is to have a formula that will grab the locations and place a comma and space in between (i.e: Fixture 1, Fixture 2, Fixture 3) and stop once it gets to the next item. You can see what is happening to me right now and what I would like to get in Sheet 2 on the right side of the pivot table.

Thanks for the help! Have a great rest of your day!
    Attached Files Attached Files

MS-Off Ver

Re: Pivot table help

The attached does the job using a couple of pivot tables and some VB code.

The pivot tables are shown on the data sheet. They are overlaid with a couple of named dynamic ranges: Title_List and Fixture_List.

The code runs through each title on the Title List and sets the filter in Cell J1 which determines the Fixture List.

The values in the fixture list are concatenated to form the string to display for each title.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.

A picture is worth a thousand words, but a sample spreadsheet is more likely to be worked on.

MS-Off Ver

wait where is the vb? I am having trouble putting in the actual data. The data has a lot more cells than this example. Also I am not sure how the data in the report tab changes, because they are values. Let me know, thanks.

MS-Off Ver

The place to start with running the VB is to go to the View Ribbon. There is a macro item there. You can either run the macro directly from this tab or you can select it and select options and map it to a Control Key like CTRL-k or something.

I figured that the data is variable, so that why my lists are based on pivot tables that are based on the data.

I "overlaid" the pivot table results with name dynamic ranges. To learn more about them, see this article: http://www.utteraccess.com/wiki/inde...Dynamic_Ranges

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information