My team works on projects and their labor time is tracked per job. There may be several people working on one project and projects may accumulate time over several weeks/months. I need to be able to have the job numbers and labor totals, auto populate from multiple workbooks to a master sheet.

For example -
Worker A has 5 hours to job #200 for the week of Sept 12 - 16
Worker B has 4 hours to job #200 for the week of Sept 19-23

This data is enter on different workbooks dedicated to each worker. Worker A has a file, Worker B has a file, etc.
The spreadsheet is set up with a column for the job # and each day of the week, hours are recorded on the various days, the total column has the SUM formula to add hours for the whole week. There is a worksheet in this workbook where the job #'s are pasted in to and a total hour calculation is done with this type of formula ='Sept 5 - Oct 2'!J28+'Sept 5 - Oct 2'!J42

If I could have a formula to copy job numbers entered into that column, auto populate to the job number totals worksheet, and also populate the total hour column as it relates to the job number and additionally add new totals when the appear more than once, that would be amazing.

What I more concerned with is taking the Tally worksheet from multiple workbooks (one for each worker) and having auto populate and calculate in to a master sheet.

I do not write code, what I have come across makes sense for the functions being described but I have no idea how to tweak them to my need. Please help.