+ Reply to Thread

Hourly Tip TaxTable

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Hourly Tip TaxTable

I'm Trying to figure out away to have my hourly declared tips to be figured automatically. I make 10.33 an hour, but I have to paid an extra .99 cents for total hours for tip taxes. Is there any way to fix up a table to figure the taxes like it does for federal taxes? If so how Would I go by to do so. I get rises every year, but the tip tip says the same for three years @ .99 cents. It is figured up as hourly and deducted at once all taxes has been figured from gross wages. Any help would be greatly Appreciated.

MS-Off Ver

Re: Hourly Tip TaxTable

Could you please provide a sample workbook with some representative data and a mock up of what you would like the answer to look like.

In the process of doing so, you may come across the answer yourself. I am not quite sure what your data looks like, but this looks like it may be more of a problem with algebra than Excel.
    One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.

A picture is worth a thousand words, but a sample spreadsheet is more likely to be worked on.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment...1&d=1475935708

Here is a link to my page it has the time sheet, pay stub, Calculator, and Tax Table. What I would like is to have a table that will figure the Declared Tip hours. I make
    hourly 10.33 what they do is subtract 9.34 from the hourly rate for which leaves .99 that is multiplied by total hours for extra taxes. I'm looking for a way to have
    it take my Hourly rate and automatically subtract the differences and make it .99 cents. I will be paying .99 extra in taxes for the next three years. Hope this helps. I would like to have
    a table like I have for the federal withholding.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Robert1960; 10-09-2016 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Miss spelled words

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment...1&d=1477231476

Here is a link to my page it has the time sheet, pay stub, Calculator, and Tax Table. What I would like is to have a table that will figure the Declared Tip hours. I make
    hourly 10.33 what they do is subtract 9.34 from the hourly rate for which leaves .99 that is multiplied by total hours for extra taxes. I'm looking for a way to have
    it take my Hourly rate and automatically subtract the differences and make it .99 cents. I will be paying .99 extra in taxes for the next three years. Hope this helps. I would like to have
    a table like I have for the federal withholding.
    Attached Files Attached Files

MS-Off Ver

Let me see if I understand this. You get paid 10.33 per hour and this entire amount is taxable. But since you are in an industry where part of your compensation is tips, you also pay another 0.99 per hour in taxes. Is this what you are saying?

What is the differences between the various type hours on earnings? I'm not sure it's relevant except to know which count towards the 99 cents and which do not.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

When my earnings are figured up they pay me as follows: Declared tips hours 80 x.99 cents = 79.20, Regular Hours 80x 10.33- 826.40, If I have overtime that is figured what ever is over 80 regular hours x 15.50 then they add all together for total gross. then my insurance and 401(k) is deducted from total gross to give them Total Federal Taxable Gross. when all is said and done they then subtract total earnings along with the taxes to give me my net pay. So yes I pay and extra .99 cents in taxes bi-weekly. But I have figured it out and it's working great so thank you for your help.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information