Drop down list with multiple choices

  1. #1
    Cindy
    Guest

    Drop down list with multiple choices

    How do I create a drop down list in Excel that allows the user to choice
    multiple choices from the list in the drop down box?

    Any help would be appreciated - Cindy

  2. #2

    Re: Drop down list with multiple choices

    I'd start by trying Data|Validation.

    Debra Dalgleish has some nice notes at:

  3. #3
    Cindy
    Guest

    Re: Drop down list with multiple choices

    Dave - Thank you for the input. I have used the Data/Validation. However, it
    seems to be limted to allow the user to make only one selection. I need the
    user to be able to choose multiple items.

    I will also check out that URL - I'm thinking at this point I need to go
    ActiveX but really don't want to go there.........

    Thanks - Cindy

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Drop down list with multiple choices

    Using data validation, you can select multiple items with some
    programming. There's an example here:

    Under 'Data Validation', look for 'Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List'

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  5. #5
    Cindy
    Guest

    Re: Drop down list with multiple choices

    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!! This is really cool.

  6. #6

    Re: Drop down list with multiple choices

    Deb answered your question.

    I misread your post as allowing the user to choose (just one) from a list of
    multiple choices.

    Sorry.

  7. #7
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Drop down list with multiple choices

    You're welcome. I'm glad you liked it.