+ Reply to Thread

Class not registered

Forum Contributor

Class not registered

My XP crashed for the 2nd time. This time i had backup of everything, including my "personal.xls". (which has a bunch of macro's in it) I reinstalled Office 2000 from the CD, and put my "personal.xls" back into the "XLstart" folder. I thought that was kool. Not so. Excel works fine, files open and work fine. BUT i can not open or use the "personal .xls" when i try to, i get a "Microsoft Visual Basic" pop up that says:

Class not registered
    Looking for object with CLSID {AC9F2F90-E877-11CE-9F68-00AA00574A4F}

If i click on OK the file will not open. I have figured out that this is a "registry code".

So my questions are:
    1- Is there any way to get the macros out of this file?
    2- Is there any way to get this old registry code back into my new registry. I assume it goes into the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\" but dont know what goes with it.

Thx
    Dave

Forum Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Piranha
    My XP crashed for the 2nd time. This time i had backup of everything, including my "personal.xls". (which has a bunch of macro's in it) I reinstalled Office 2000 from the CD, and put my "personal.xls" back into the "XLstart" folder. I thought that was kool. Not so. Excel works fine, files open and work fine. BUT i can not open or use the "personal .xls" when i try to, i get a "Microsoft Visual Basic" pop up that says:

Class not registered
    Looking for object with CLSID {AC9F2F90-E877-11CE-9F68-00AA00574A4F}

If i click on OK the file will not open. I have figured out that this is a "registry code".

So my questions are:
    1- Is there any way to get the macros out of this file?
    2- Is there any way to get this old registry code back into my new registry. I assume it goes into the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\" but dont know what goes with it.

Thx
    Dave
    Ok i found the answer. Here it is for anyone else that has the situation. (thx to Google) All is well now.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=182500
    Thx
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information