Start Clock/Stop Clock

  1. #1
    abfabrob
    Guest

    Start Clock/Stop Clock

    In Excel, I want to create a timer, to see how long it takes users to fill
    the spreadsheet in. In the forms toolbar, I have selected a button and for it
    to be a start clock button. Did the same for stop clock. But where does the
    timer appear? How do I view this?

    Anyone know?

    Thank you,

    Rob,
    Teesside,
    UK

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Start Clock/Stop Clock

    What exactly do you mean by Start Clock and Stop Clock? What code are you
    using?

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    abfabrob
    Guest

    Re: Start Clock/Stop Clock

    Apologies - I am new to this. I want to create a "stopwatch" in a spreadsheet
    which users can start by clicking a button, fill in the sheet, then click
    stop. But I want tihe timer to be on display.

    I am not using any code (I don't know what that its)... this may be why I'm
    getting it all wrong...

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Start Clock/Stop Clock

    If I understand you correctly, you want to have a clock ticking over in some
    cell while the user is working. Whilst we could show you how to do this, I
    think a real-rime timer may be beyond your current capabilities.

    If you send me your workbook and tell me where you want the timer/clock and
    what you want to do with it when the clock stops, I will have a go at it for
    you.

  5. #5
    abfabrob
    Guest

    Re: Start Clock/Stop Clock

    Yes - I do want a timer in a cell, while using the rest of the worksheet. I
    haven't completed the rest of the sheet yet, so I have nothing to send you.
    And, yes - you're right, it very definitely is beyond my capabilities, but
    would look great to my boss if I did it! Any suggestions where I can go from
    here?

    Thanks for your help.

    Rob

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Start Clock/Stop Clock

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Start Clock/Stop Clock

    Give me you email address and I will send you a spreadsheet with a timer and
    stop/start buttons. You can develop this by adding your business stuff.

  8. #8
    abfabrob
    Guest

    Re: Start Clock/Stop Clock

    Thank you SO much.

    [email protected]

    Thanks again, in advance

    Regards,

    Rob,
    Teesside,
    UK

  9. #9
    jeff brazeau
    Guest

    Re: Start Clock/Stop Clock

    cna you post a link to this spred sheet or email it to me as i need some ting
    like this to time calls and track them

    my email

    is
    [email protected]

    please remove the NOSPAM

  10. #10
    John M
    Guest

    Re: Start Clock/Stop Clock

    I too would like to see this spread sheet or have it emailed to me
    @[email protected]