weeknum function returns name error

  1. #1
    Unison Mike
    Guest

    weeknum function returns name error

    I am trying to use the weeknum function in excel 2003. However I am getting a
    #NAME error, I have followed the helpfile instructions to make sute the
    analysis toolpak is checked in the add-in menu, but this doesn`t seem to make
    any difference. I can select the weeknum function from the formula wizard but
    it still doesn't work.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: weeknum function returns name error

    When the analysis toolpak is not installed, I get a #VALUE error (oddly!).
    Are you sure that the references within the brackets are correct, a valid
    cell, or TGODAY()?

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: weeknum function returns name error

    WEEKNUM is part of the Analysis ToolPak add-in, keep the CD handy and do
    tools>add-ins, check ATP and follow the directions. If it is not working try
    to uninstall it by uncheck it and then install it again, if that does not
    work, uncheck it, then reinstall it with the CD by adding it again. (check
    run from this computer or something similar under Excel installation, note
    that you should not install excel/office again, just add something)

    Peo Sjoblom

  4. #4
    Unison Mike
    Guest

    RE: weeknum function returns name error

    Seem to have got it to work - for some bizarre reason I had to start a new
    workbook, use the formula in there, it would then work in the original
    document.

    Unfortunately it turns out that the weeknum function doesn't return iso
    standard week numbers anyway so not much use.

    Fortunately the following site had the answer:

    http://cpearson.com/excel/weeknum.htm

    Thanks anyway.

    Mike

  5. #5
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: weeknum function returns name error

    Hi Mike

    See the formulas that don't need the ATP Add-in on this page
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/weeknumber.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl