I can't edit anything in my Excel spreadsheet!

  1. #1
    Atrocity
    Guest

    I can't edit anything in my Excel spreadsheet!

    I think I enabled safe mode permanently or something, many of the options are
    greyed out, including save and such.

    I cannot add or edit any existing data to the cells! Please help im racking
    my brain!

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: I can't edit anything in my Excel spreadsheet!

    Maybe sheet/book protection is accidentally activated?

    Click Tools > Protection

    Do you see:
    Unprotect Sheet ..
    Unprotect Workbook ..

    If so, try clicking the above to toggle it off
    (works only if there's no password set)
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Atrocity
    Guest

    Re: I can't edit anything in my Excel spreadsheet!

    I can get to Tools> Protection but anything on the right of Protection is
    Greyed out.

    If this helps, I did a start/run excel /a and i have the same problem. cant
    edit anything.

  4. #4
    Max

    Not sure, but try this post: http://tinyurl.com/cvppr
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  5. #5
    Atrocity
    Guest

    Re: I can't edit anything in my Excel spreadsheet!

    I tried that before... I didnt find any *.xml and i have all the correct
    hidden files shown in my folder options.

  6. #6
    Max
    Guest

    Re: I can't edit anything in my Excel spreadsheet!

    Try this post by Dave Peterson: http://tinyurl.com/b7q57

    where he mentions 2 links, viz:
    --
    Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:

    And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
    http://www.jkp-ads.com/Article*s/StartupProblems.htm
    --
    I'm out here, but hang around for insights from others ..