about the error at Tools->Options of Excel

  1. #1
    Huy Nguyen
    Guest

    about the error at Tools->Options of Excel

    Dear all,

    Now, my Excel program has this error :
    When I Click "Book1 WorkSheet" Document. And Choose "Tools"-> Options on
    the Menu. Then the "Options" Dialog appear, but I cannot click the mouse to
    move any Tab between "View", "Caculation", "Edit", "General",
    "Transition"....tabs of this above dialog, and this following error inform
    "Your entry cannot be used. An integer or decimal number may be required". I
    removed Excel program and reinstalled Excel again, but this error still
    happen.
    How can I correct it? please reply to me as soon as possible. Thanks you
    very much

  2. #2

    Re: about the error at Tools->Options of Excel

    Take a look at Tools|Options|Calculation tab

    Do you have a decimal number in the "maximum change" box?

    If that's not it, what version of excel are you using? Maybe it'll help others
    with suggestions.

  3. #3
    Huy Nguyen
    Guest

    Re: about the error at Tools->Options of Excel

    Dear Peterson,

    Thanks for your reply. Now, all of computers of my company are using
    Microsoft Office XP. On another computer which hasn't this error, At
    Tools|Options|Cacultation tab, there exist an decimal number : 0.001 at
    "Maximum Change" box, and
    Integer number : 100 at "Maximum interation" box. But At computer that has
    this error, I cannot view the "Caculation" Tab because it displays error :
    Your entry cannot be used. An integer or decimal number may be required".;
    therefore on this computer, I don't know whether this decimal number exists
    as you said

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: about the error at Tools->Options of Excel

    Still just guessing....

    But maybe you can run a macro to reset that option (and if you've been very
    nice, it might be the right one!).

    Open a new workbook
    hit alt-f11 (to get to the vbe.
    hit ctrl-r (to see the project explorer)
    locate your workbook's project.

    It should look like:
    VBAProject(Book1)

    Right click on that and select Insert|Module.
    Paste this in:

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme()
    With Application
    .Calculation = xlManual
    .Iteration = True
    .MaxChange = 0.001
    End With
    End Sub

    Put your cursor inside that macro (click on With).
    Hit F5 (to run the code).

    Then alt-f11 to get back to excel.
    Can you get to tools|Options|calculation tab
    (And change the calculation back to automatic, too.)

    Cross your fingers and think good thoughts.